Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

Postby Gensokyo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Cajoes wrote:No disrespect taken, I would just hate for the server to suddenly choke on a fat one because of self-replicating pavement.

Oh another neighbour of mine is reporting his plowed tiles are functioning normally. - Decaying back into unplowed dirt, even. I apologize for not being able to provide more than empirical observation to help track this issue down.

I can vouch for this, our plowed land is spreading behind our house and onto a nearby cliff away from our 8x8, and amongst that some of the plowed land is turning into stomped dirt
Gensokyo

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Plowed land turning to stomped dirt was something that happened normally in legacy, so I think that's likely intended.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Cajoes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:21 am

Sevenless wrote:Plowed land turning to stomped dirt was something that happened normally in legacy, so I think that's likely intended.

That is why I described it as "functioning normally". - Whats not intended, I am certain, is paved and plowed tiles spreading without outside assistance.

To wit.
Cajoes

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:22 am

Is there any particular terrain they are spreading over? Dirt?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:43 am

Can also confim this.

the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Cajoes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:42 pm

It is difficult to determine, since both plowed tiles (furrows) and paved tiles seem to be affected by self-replication behaviour. Meaning its hard to set up control groups. But so far it would appear that both grass and dirt tiles are valid targets for the spread.
Cajoes

Postby aradar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Not entirely sure this is ralated or im losing my mind but! ..... there are a lot of these weird patches all over the local area where im at that werent here a few days ago
weird grass.jpg
weird grass.jpg (103.9 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
aradar

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:52 pm

aradar wrote: there are a lot of these weird patches all over the local area where im at that werent here a few days ago

This is normal. When you deforest an area, the land starts decaying from the forest terrain to grasslands. Grasslands eventually decay to heath when plowed regularly, heath to moor, etc. You can plant trees to create terrain native to that tree.

Specific biomes aren't yet known for the new world compared to the last. It might be useful to post some of this information in HDI or to the wiki.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Robi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:21 am

ALIENS_VERSUS_PERDATOR_VERSUS_GUY_WITH_BAD_HAIR.jpg
ALIENS_VERSUS_PERDATOR_VERSUS_GUY_WITH_BAD_HAIR.jpg (102.55 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
Robi

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:
aradar wrote: there are a lot of these weird patches all over the local area where im at that werent here a few days ago

This is normal. When you deforest an area, the land starts decaying from the forest terrain to grasslands. Grasslands eventually decay to heath when plowed regularly, heath to moor, etc. You can plant trees to create terrain native to that tree.

Specific biomes aren't yet known for the new world compared to the last. It might be useful to post some of this information in HDI or to the wiki.

One thing that tickles my curiosity: With most tree species showing up in multiple biomes how does a player control what pops up?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs