Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

Postby sMartins » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Sorry for necroing this post, but plowed land still spread and it's very annoying, at least to me cause I don't like crops with paved tiles border ...
So recently we had a very old issue finally fixed (aka windows remember their position) so I tought that maybe Jorbatar is in the mood to fix this also.

#Carpe Diem
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby redwolf340 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am

well i was wondering what was happening around my place whit the plowed soil just popping around but yes it is still happening
redwolf340

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 am

Plowed tiles shouldn't spread if you don't turn tiles next to it to dirt. When the dirt changes, it has a somewhat equal (from what I can tell) chance to turn into any of its neighbors. You should be able to stomp to dirt or pave and then dig it up or stomp to dirt to get it to change back to dirt and random it back to something else if you don't want permanent pavement there.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 am

Workarounds aside, I think this bug is overdue to be fixed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:23 pm

So, since this change it appears other tiles now spread over plowed tiles once again like they did in legacy. Is the only solution to pave all the way up against your crop section?

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 pm

That would stop it, yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Was this intended? This farm plot was on claimed land, and your bug fix comment suggested that this would only happen if it were unclaimed.

Hopefully fixed the long-standing bug by which plowed tiles would sometimes spread. This means, instead, that foliage tiles will now spread over plowed land. It may, thus, be a good idea to pave around your unclaimed fields.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Ardennesss wrote:Was this intended? This farm plot was on claimed land, and your bug fix comment suggested that this would only happen if it were unclaimed.

Hopefully fixed the long-standing bug by which plowed tiles would sometimes spread. This means, instead, that foliage tiles will now spread over plowed land. It may, thus, be a good idea to pave around your unclaimed fields.

Terrain decay happens regardless of claim. I was misinformed. Yes, it was intended. Corrected patch note.

jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:05 pm

I'll be honest, I wish you could have just made a solution where neither happened, I didn't want to have to pave in all my crop areas, I liked having a natural look to it.
Maybe introduce hedgerows and the spread of the biome stops on either side?

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs