Boating Into A Claim

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Boating Into A Claim

Postby karmov » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:11 pm

I was traveling by boat, landed near what I thought to be a pier-like claim with a boat right next to it. Turns out it was a huge claim and I ended up outside my boat stuck. It allowed me to boat through the claim, but when I set foot on ground I was trapped. Couldn't move or get back in to the boat or pick up the boat. Lost my boat when I teleported out of there :/
karmov

Re: Boating Into A Claim

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Hmm. Should allow you to take the boat if your brought it onto the claim. Unsure. Will check.

Generally, though, don't trespass and expect only good results.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby karmov » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I had no idea I was trespassing. Criminal acts have never been switched on. There was no indication I was about to step onto someone's claim.
karmov

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Oh, right, boats can probably sail onto claims without checking for trespassing right now. My bad. That should be fixed, indeed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:39 pm

why? you could boat through claims before, i thought that was intended? or do you mean when disembarking the boat?
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:45 pm

sabinati wrote:why? you could boat through claims before, i thought that was intended? or do you mean when disembarking the boat?

I'd say checking for tresspassing when disembarking would probably be the best solution. Claims across rivers were a pain before otherwise.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm

sabinati wrote:why? you could boat through claims before, i thought that was intended? or do you mean when disembarking the boat?

I see no reason why it shouldn't function analogously to walking onto a claim, i.e. you have to turn on criminal actions and leave a trespassing scent, and then you can enter.

As it is right now it's at least not intentional. You can ride onto a claim as well without turning on trespassing, for the same reason, and that is most certainly not as it should be.

jorb

Return to Bugs