Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

Postby banok » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 am

It does seem like a cruel mistress but not sure if just RNG, here is some pointless rambling:

I quit studying mirks on my main like a month ago but still managed to drop below 1k from batwings and sheer lack of events. I was at 1k for couple days despite playing all day for a few days on that character and doing various tasks everyday. meanwhile I log onto my alt for 5 min and get all sorts of exp events.

Im back to 2k on main now thanks to willow finally happening and a few others. but yeah I seem to be strugglin alot more than others who have 10k exp and still use mirkwoods.
banok

Postby Avu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:16 am

Pretty much in same situation as Banok. I've dropped under 800 xp and pretty much tried every single xp I know of. I suspect characters that do not stay online all the time get more xp. I also suspect being criminally scented that keeps my char online is affecting it somehow. Mind you I never had over 4000 xp even in the best of days and I've stopped using mirkwoods long ago. I also never see fate curios. Seen 1 bollete in a month unless spider webs count hope they don't. Why do you hate me jorb.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:16 am

Avu wrote:Why do you hate me jorb.

You do seem unusally prone to streaks of bad luck in the game.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Avu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:32 am

Coincidence? I think not!
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 am

#seatribeilluminaticonfirmed
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 am

jorb wrote:#seatribeilluminaticonfirmed

I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Powowclouds » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Ok, So I used to played old HnH and have just returned to this new version. I have been playing for 2 days and have run out of experience. I am a bit unsure of how the system works other than you get exp for doing random stuff. I searched the forums and found that as usual the devs have added their "try and figure it out" mechanic to the game and that's cool but was wondering if anyone had a checklist of the Lore events? I understand that this was implemented to prevent alts, but have noticed that it hurts someone more that is actually spending a lot of time on their main character and is new to the game, as from what i was reading players that only spend a couple hours a day playing are accumulating more experience than those that are spending 6-8 hours a day playing.

It seems to me it's better to make alts for doing everything just to gain that initial boost of experience rather than try to focus on a main character as intended. Maybe a subscription should provide exp boosts or something, as I would find it hard to pay ten bucks a month and have to limit my playtime because of always being out of Exp.

Any help with this would be appreciated and I do apologize if this was provided somewhere else, as i was unable to locate it.

Thanks,
ROC

^ this was from my original post.

After doing some testing, it appears that I am not getting some of the Lore Events. I live directly on a cave and enter it frequently as well as have removed many stumps/moved bushes and neither one of these has proc'ed for me. Are these events RNG based? The only events that I have in my Lore tab that are not "new character" are: Having a Seat, new land, Quenching thirst and Treading Grass. I have lit many firebrands lift tons of objects and lit fires at night time. Yes, I did use a lot of Mirkwoods as I followed Sevenless's guide a bit but I have not received some of the Lore events that are listed by others. As I stated above this system seems to work more towards Alt'ing than against it. I can make a farming Alt, mining alt and so on and they would have 3k exp to focus on those things rather than using my exp trying to level starting skills and spreading out LP on "job" skills.

I am currently at 36 exp points and after the three curious finish I have will have 2 exp points left.
Powowclouds

Postby Powowclouds » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:50 pm

Ok, so after some more investigation.. My little brother is playing also and is almost out of Exp. We both were only able to learn 7 Lore Events but we learned different ones, so that being said it appears that there is a cap when first starting the game (will be testing this shortly) as to how many events you can learn . As I was typing this I "found" some barley so harvested it. After planting the seed's (which I had already planted flax and barley that my brother found) it appears that I received the Sowing lore, which then gave me the Feet in Grass lore, which i was then able to get the spelunking lore. I am making Alts now to attempt and figure out the order as my brother is still unable to get the drinking lore or Travel between zones one, or feet in grass. These events may be time related also, as I spent a couple more hours playing than he did.
Powowclouds

Postby TaurenShaman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:46 am

Jorb u fakin retard,
u should know that you're retard.
TaurenShaman

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:03 am

Powowclouds wrote: I am making Alts now to attempt and figure out the order

There is no order, only the chaos of the RNG. Then again, chaos is governed by its own rules. I'm just assuming you are using order here as in step 1, 2, 3. There is a system to it, but good luck figuring it out. (Seriously, good luck, but if anyone does figure it out, it'd probably just get changed.)

TaurenShaman wrote:Jorb u fakin retard,
u should know that you're retard.

I just... :roll: Damn WoW kids.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs