Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

Postby CSPAN » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:52 am

I think after a while you get a new "deck". Logged on this morning and started getting the usuals again. My activities were super varied yesterday, farming, mining,foraging, crafting, etc... Couldnt figure out my bottleneck, but all it takes is another day of getting stuck on something obscure and having my ability to study stuff halted. Its a nuisance going through your lore and checking off attempts trying to find the one to kick it into gear.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Bearcub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Indeed. Tried to get the "dawn at the mountain" or "dawn breaking" with no result. All other activities didn't help, but willow :D seem willow is the only way to get exp everyday, so just a sort of exploit. I'd not complain if I could get any of lore events, but willow one, for a few days.
Bearcub

Postby Mervin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:12 pm

I finally ended my two-days exp draught by seeing a nidbane, I guess it's a good thing to have bad people in the neighbourhood!
Mervin

Postby Duncan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:26 am

Toon has exactly 67 experience points (not LP) - system says "XP" gained (doing something new) - after the event - exp is still exactly at 67. Has been this way for a while it only goes DOWN never up. Any ideas? I am getting the experience "notice" but none of the points actually register. Tried full client and other clients all act the same. Am running out of testing for getting XP - so toon will be effectively dead if not resolved.
Duncan

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:33 am

Duncan wrote:Toon has exactly 67 experience points (not LP) - system says "XP" gained (doing something new) - after the event - exp is still exactly at 67. Has been this way for a while it only goes DOWN never up. Any ideas? I am getting the experience "notice" but none of the points actually register. Tried full client and other clients all act the same. Am running out of testing for getting XP - so toon will be effectively dead if not resolved.

Are you studying things? Curiosities use XP.
TeckXKnight

Postby Kaios » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Are you studying things? Curiosities use XP.

you can't put a curiosity on if your experience is less than the requisite experience to use it
Kaios

Postby cyrus9586 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:53 am

2 separate accounts of mine have not gotten XP since 9/3 Tried Standard client, ender, and amber(my norm) tried every XP event pretty much every day over the last couple days and have yet to get any XP outside of quest XP.
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 am

New world, new server iteration. If people are still having issues with getting XP, please report here.

If the issue seems resolved, there's no reason for this to remain up on the stickies.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby CSPAN » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 pm

My daily routine is not sufficiently keeping up with EXP demands and I am unhappy. I did a quest and it gave me 33 EXP. Should I just make like, an EXP obstacle course or some shit?
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby algam » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:05 pm

I have not got any experience events during last days. Total experience points got down by around 6k points. Tried everything I usually got experience: digging, drinking, willow, picking flowers, entering water, lifting things, dropping table, sitting on chair.

Might be related to establishing my village. Since I put the claim both my characters stopped getting experience events.

Help? :)

Made a test:
left the village with one of the chars. done things from the list of experience events => gain more than 2k experience
repeated the same actions with the char still a member of the village => no experience event
Later will repeat the same actions again with the second char but after leaving the village and see what happens.
algam

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs