Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Cannot get Experience Points Megathread.

Postby gromsc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 am

My character doesn't earn experience anymore. I discover things and the game show me gaining experience above the character's head but it doesn't actually go into the character and I can't study any curios.
gromsc

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 am

More information please. Devs need to know which character and account (if more than one character or on another account).

Experience points (XP) are different than learning points (LP). Experience is generated by events, such as experiencing the rising of the sun, and quests. LP are generated initially by discovery and later by studying curiosities. Some can be gained from questing.

Frequently characters that are only engaged in a single activity get stuck because they're not out doing a variety of activities in the world. Try doing something different or triggering lore events.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby CSPAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 am

Been a hot 2 weeks since my hunter got EXP, went down the list doing what I could, dude is stuck on something.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby CSPAN » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:54 pm

I have virtually stopped played because of EXP hole.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby viznew » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 pm

i was in a hole but i did get out, the troublesi had was id get tons and tob of exp on one char and the other almost never got, i dont play them back to back (switching betweenthem both often) like i did and seems to have gone away but when im jumpingbac and forth i tend to get an exp hole on only one char dispite equal (or near equal) play
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Granny » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:07 am

I am now seeing this as well on one character. Strangely enough the hunter/gatherer, although I have not been able to spend so much time outside walls lately. It must have been an issue for longer than I have known, since she had a lot last I looked. I just have not been paying attention, until she had 1 pts left..

It is not moving now.
Granny

Postby iamahh » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 pm

are you sure you're not using XP heavy curios? I select my curios on my main based on XP cost, so I can upgrade wells, I could have way more LP gains but prefer the XP buffer
iamahh

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 am

For the first time this has happened to me now too, I noticed it first on Monday, since then I have been doing everything possible to gain experience but I'm just not getting any, she is down to 2 points now and so I'm unable to study anything ... :(

Edit;

Ok, scrap that ... I just finally got some, lol, logged back in after posting and climbed up a cliff and got the exp, hopefully more will now follow. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:57 am

There may be a random rare issue with this, but there hasn't been much in the way of posts about it on the forums, either in Bugs or "How Do I?" so pulling this one down from the top. We'll put a link to here for those that need ideas on what to do if they are running shy on experience points and can't seem to farm any up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs