No-quality ashes (yes, again)

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

No-quality ashes (yes, again)

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:46 pm

I tried to cook a pirozhki, a carrot cake, a blueberry cake and an honeybun.

I failed.

They...uh...slightly burned. And as the title says and the image displays, they don't even have a quality.
I'm kinda sure some bit must still be edible, though. I think i saw a blueberry only mildly crisped, at least.

(by the way, the server crash happened while they were being cooked in the oven; dunno if it is related)
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Re: No-quality ashes (yes, again)

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:09 am

Annoying. Were they all zero Q?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Jeff » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:09 am

Yep, all of them.
Jeff

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:19 am

I'll look at it, but debugging will be hard without further steps to reproduce, as this certainly does not ocurr if you just do it normally. If you think of anything odd (server crash might be a thing), do let us know.

If anyone else has seen this I'd love to hear more.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Jeff » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Well, i've made a pirozhki, blueberry pie, carrot cake and an honey bun. Put em in the oven, lit it up with (too) many branches, then i had gone away for a while. Two server crashes happened. I came back, and i've found those ashes in the oven.
Unburned food had its normal quality, instead (albeit, a crash happened even before those ended their cooking, like around the last tick since i was monitoring it this time).

(and i still wonder if those crashes weren't caused by the oven, anyway, since they seemed to coincide with the stages of cooking - unbaked food turning to baked, baked to ashes, and when i made them a second time, unbaked to baked)

Edit: i haven't got any more flour left right now, so i can't test further, but maybe you could try burning a food and leaving the ashes there for further ticks of the oven. Cause i remember to have left that food for quite too many ticks (i had put in, like, 8 or 9 branches).
Jeff

Postby Maiden » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:45 pm

I had this same bug. Loaded oven up with food, went and tended farm, oven ran out of fuel, I refueled it, my sleep deprived brain thinking the cooked food inside needed more cooking time, and when they turned to ash, it was all q0
Maiden

Return to Bugs