Couldn't logout on the claimed land. Now i'm dead.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Couldn't logout on the claimed land. Now i'm dead.

Postby Hellforge » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Greetings.
I was working at the mine. At that time my teammate-claim_keeper makes some changes on claim. When I used teleport to my heartfire on claim land, i've found that i don't have permissions on it (couldn't move). At that time my character was greatly starving. I coldn't move from my heartfire. It was plus-minus 1a.m. My teammate was already offline, so i decided to logout and wait fo him. But I couldn't. Neither logout no change character. So i just close game client.
I've heard that countdown of playing time stops when connection between client and server is lost. But another friends said that my character still online. Countdown of playing time really stopped.
Now i login to see what happened, and i don't see my character. He's dead because of starving. Or because of hostile animal.
Why this hapenned? What should i do now?
Can you revive my character?

Waiting for answer.
Thanks.
Hellforge

Re: Couldn't logout on the claimed land. Now i'm dead.

Postby shubla » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:05 pm

They dont revive characters. Like ever
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:17 pm

We do not revive characters.

The nuts and bolts of this case is that your friend killed you, quite simply. Yours is very much an edge case, and reasonable precautions on you and your friends' ends would have prevented this easily.

You cannot log out while trespassing, and this is as such as intended. Starvation damage happens as long as you are logged in, and this is also as intended.

Arguably you shouldn't starve, however, when you are forcibly logged in (trespassing), but missing a session (your closed the client), and we will consider making it thus.

Thank you for the report!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Hellforge » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:40 pm

jorb wrote:We do not revive characters.

The nuts and bolts of this case is that your friend killed you, quite simply. Yours is very much an edge case, and reasonable precautions on you and your friends' ends would have prevented this easily.

You cannot log out while trespassing, and this is as such as intended. Starvation damage happens as long as you are logged in, and this is also as intended.

Arguably you shouldn't starve, however, when you are forcibly logged in (trespassing), but missing a session (your closed the client), and we will consider making it thus.

Thank you for the report!

Ok. Thanks.
I hope this situation won't happen again.
Thanks for your great work. Thanks for the game.
Hellforge

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Thank you for playing it. Sorry for your loss.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs