Startup Glitch

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Startup Glitch

Postby Porterwake » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:05 am

Hello. I have done some searching on the forum for answers with no avail, so I apologize in advance if this has been covered.

I have downloaded the client, I have a user name, and I can login. Upon my first login, it shows text that the maps are being loaded, soon after the program simply shuts down and I get a .txt file report of the JAVA Client crash and it reads like this:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x2b70691d, pid=4200, tid=4916
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_60-b27) (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.60-b23 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [ig4icd32.dll+0x5691d]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

I have downloaded Ender's custom client with no success as well. Counsel?

Thank you so much for your time and I hope to join in soon.
Porterwake

Re: Startup Glitch

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:42 am

You graphics drivers can't process the information being given to it.

What graphics processor are you using? Some of the Intel 32 bit drivers (which would be used because you're using 32 bit Java) have poor OpenGL support. Update your drivers may help. Changing to 64 bit Java might help.

edit: if you update Java, you may need to manually select the 64-bit download from this page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Porterwake » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:You graphics drivers can't process the information being given to it.

What graphics processor are you using? Some of the Intel 32 bit drivers (which would be used because you're using 32 bit Java) have poor OpenGL support. Update your drivers may help. Changing to 64 bit Java might help.

edit: if you update Java, you may need to manually select the 64-bit download from this page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Alright, I have updated to the 64 bit and it doesn't escape every time. Now sometimes I login and it will only say "identity is saved." Could you give me a quick walkthrough on how to update my drivers?

I appreciate the support.
Porterwake

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:22 am

Porterwake wrote: Could you give me a quick walkthrough on how to update my drivers?

I appreciate the support.

Easiest will be the Intel update utility: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

If that doesn't work, you may need to manually update. This is where things can get messy. It will depend on the brand of your computer and which version of Windows you're running. Post if the auto update doesn't work with that information as well as which graphics processor your system uses (how to walkthrough).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 am

Paged loftar as well.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Porterwake » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 pm

I have seen this game on YouTube and I want to play. I see there are subscriptions and donations and I would be more than willing to contribute to this great game. But I cannot find any support. I have done the driver update, I have updated Java, I have gone to a previous version of Java. Nothing works. I get the Java Application up, it starts to load everything, and then it disappears every time after saying "Building Map". This is very disappointing to me. :x
Porterwake

Postby romovs » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:21 pm

If you're using 64-bit Windows make sure that you are actually running 64-bit Java. Uninstall Java completely and download x64 version from here - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html
If that doesn't help, go to the graphics card vendor site and try different versions of the drivers. There has been anecdotal evidence of older version working and newer don't.
If that doesn't help either you might consider downgrading to Windows 7/8 in case you are using Win 10 (it helped a few friends I know).

Posting full error log + system specs might help as well.
romovs

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:39 pm

OP's problem is another instance of this problem.

As for Porterwake, there is not enough information to determine what is happening. Please see this thread for more details.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Porterwake » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:43 pm

System specs:
Vaio
Intel Core i3-2310 CPU 2.10 GHz
4 GB ram
64-bit operating system
Windows 7 running

I'll be downloading your link to 64-bit now
Porterwake

Postby Porterwake » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 pm

Yep, it has something to do with that .dll file. Looks like I need a different computer to run this game since there are no clear fixes.
Porterwake

Next

Return to Bugs