Character logged in by itself

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Character logged in by itself

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:16 am

Account name: bdew2
Character: asds

(it's an alt for testing, sue me :P)

A few minutes after the server came back up tonight (02:02:49 UTC) i've got a notification (custom client) that one of my other characters logged in.

My first thought was that someone has somehow gotten my password so i went to account management to change it, however i've noticed that last game login showed yesterday.

I've logged into the character (without getting an error about someone already using the account) and tried to log off - got a message that said that i can't log off right now.

Noticed that i'm standing on some village claim, walked off it and could log off.

The character in question has no criminal skills and haven't commited any crimes, it's a 0 LP testing alt.
bdew

Re: Character logged in by itself

Postby Avu » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:40 am

I've had something similar. A character I had kinned also showed up as logged in then after a while said it was logged out. Thing is he was dead at the time.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:16 am

Hmmm? The character was on a village claim and thus remained logged in? What's the problem?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Bramson » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 am

interesting to test if someone builds a village claim where a character is logged off at if it logs them in the game.
"All video/images of coles abominably wearing beard will be purged from the forums." - Jorb

"We won't ever deploy our militia to fight anyone." - Robben_DuMarsch, leader of New Brodgar; diagnosis: Napoleon Syndrome
Bramson

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 am

jorb wrote:Hmmm? The character was on a village claim and thus remained logged in? What's the problem?

Wait so is that intended?

There is no warning on entering village claim and it doesn't require criminal actions being on or anything.

If just entering keeps you logged in (even after server crash) - this seems like a great way to get people killed for doing nothing wrong without warning.

Added: i just checked - going on village claim and closing the client, the character leaves the world then logs back in after a minute.
bdew

Postby Sever » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:36 am

bdew wrote:
jorb wrote:Hmmm? The character was on a village claim and thus remained logged in? What's the problem?

Wait so is that intended?

There is no warning on entering village claim and it doesn't require criminal actions being on or anything.

If just entering keeps you logged in (even after server crash) - this seems like a great way to get people killed for doing nothing wrong without warning.

Added: i just checked - going on village claim and closing the client, the character leaves the world then logs back in after a minute.

Ok, that is completely ridiculous. :lol:
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:37 am

It is intended that you should not be able to log your character out when trespassing, yes. Arguably the game should communicate that.

bdew wrote:Added: i just checked - going on village claim and closing the client, the character leaves the world then logs back in after a minute.

That sounds suboptimal. He shouldn't leave the world. Will look at that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:40 am

jorb wrote:It is intended that you should not be able to log your character out when trespassing, yes. Arguably the game should communicate that.

bdew wrote:Added: i just checked - going on village claim and closing the client, the character leaves the world then logs back in after a minute.

That sounds suboptimal. He shouldn't leave the world. Will look at that.

The whole behavior is stupid.

If going on another village puts you in risk of death due to staying logged in - it should require criminal actions on.

jorb wrote:It is intended that you should not be able to log your character out when trespassing, yes. Arguably the game should communicate that.

Again if it's trespassing, it should require criminal actions toggled on. (not skills, just the toggle)
bdew

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 am

It does if you're not given permissions via a party.

Perhaps claims should prevent login, rather than log-off, and that could be enough. Idk. Will consider.

jorb

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 am

jorb wrote:It does if you're not given permissions via a party.

Perhaps claims should prevent login, rather than log-off, and that could be enough. Idk. Will consider.

Don't claims already block login though? If you try to login to a claim that you don't have permissions on it says that you can't login there and must login at your hearthfire.
TeckXKnight

Next

Return to Bugs