Bugged animals can't be butchered

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Bugged animals can't be butchered

Postby spectacle » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:34 am

After a recent hunting trip we brought home 5 deer. 4 were normal, but one of them seems to be bugged: After skinning it we're unable to butcher it, right clicking on it does not bring up any menu options.

I have no idea how to reproduce this unfortunately, it seemed like a normal deer while it was alive. I will leave it next to my village idol until it decays in case a dev wants to inspect it.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Re: Bugged deer can't be butchered

Postby chrisrock » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:45 pm

spectacle wrote:After a recent hunting trip we brought home 5 deer. 4 were normal, but one of them seems to be bugged: After skinning it we're unable to butcher it, right clicking on it does not bring up any menu options.

I have no idea how to reproduce this unfortunately, it seemed like a normal deer while it was alive. I will leave it next to my village idol until it decays in case a dev wants to inspect it.

same thing happened to me, but with a fox.
i think it was because of the server crash or something.
chrisrock

Postby jorb » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Will consider, but would love steps to reproduce or more confirmations. I seem to remember hearing more reports of this, and would love to fix it if it is at all possible to identify the cause.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby burgingham » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:05 am

I unloaded those deer and I think I placed the one in question like almost right on top of a stockpile in between other stockpiles. It looked like I had placed it into the stockpile, then I picked it up again to place it somewhere more convenient. Not sure if that helps.
burgingham

Postby rewan2 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:23 am

jorb wrote:Will consider, but would love steps to reproduce or more confirmations. I seem to remember hearing more reports of this, and would love to fix it if it is at all possible to identify the cause.

Almost same with badger. Steps was:
1. Skinning.
2. Allow other char cut 1 pice of meat.
3. Cut rest of meat.
4. Badger corpse still alive and didn't give bone, inspectable, but not destroyable
rewan2

Postby bmjclark » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Just had the same thing happen with a boar. As far as i know nothing weird was done to the boar. After we skinned it we couldn't interact with it anymore. Can still inspect it.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:19 pm

The skinning process wasn't interrupted and restarted again, or something in that vein?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Jiochan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:26 pm

jorb wrote:The skinning process wasn't interrupted and restarted again, or something in that vein?

Happened to me but as far a i know all i did was skin a bunch of animals then butcher them all and had 1 not butcherable
Jiochan

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 am

This was also reported here, among other places. Would love steps to reproduce on this. Stickied.

jorb

Bugged dead fox

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:22 am

We have a bugged dead fox. You cannot destroy, butcher, or in any way other than lifting him, interact with. Probably not a big priority, but figured I'd give the heads up.
RickyP602

Next

Return to Bugs