Coop water quality hardcap

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Coop water quality hardcap

Postby snuby » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Is the water I put on chicken coop hardcapping chicks quality? Seems to be happening on my coop, where all my grown chicken are Q10 vitality aand the only Q10 vitality on coop/swill/water is on the last one.

Intended design to avoid better chicken bones than troll ones?
snuby

Re: Coop water quality hardcap

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm

I don't think that should be the case. I'll look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Coop water quality hardcap

Postby Granger » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 am

As a softcap it could make sense though.

Previous worlds suffered from quality inflation in the long run, where latecomers (or people who got their bases destroyed) were basically shafted. Same for people whos character got killed, there was no fun in rebuilding your lvl 1500+ skill after an accident, plus your production came to a halt till you were back at that level or you would destroy any q you have (especially for farmers).

I feel that for a world to really run a long time it needs some ways of keeping the quality at a reasonable level, to make it accessible for new characters. And in case characters are to be seen as more disposable (or non-permanent) there needs to be a reasonable limit on what it costs to rebuild one, which seems to lead to quality neeing a reasonable ceiling.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Bugs