Information about JVM crashes

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Information about JVM crashes

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:34 pm

TL;DR: this thread is asking you to contribute files like these that should be found in your client folder:
Attachments
explorer_tMI3yZlHG4.png
explorer_tMI3yZlHG4.png (7.55 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Files showcased in previous post.
Attachments
JVM_DUMPS.rar
(31.42 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:23 pm

vatas wrote:TL;DR: this thread is asking you to contribute files like these that should be found in your client folder:

Not exactly. This thread isn't really asking for anything. Its main point is just to provide information for those experiencing JVM crashes. If you have a specific problem causing a JVM crash, you should post a separate thread about that, using the information in this thread.

If anything, this thread is asking you, if/when you post such a thread, to include those files along with it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Alright. Those files I posted are basically useless, since there's no way for me to remember what I was doing when those happened?

Interesting thing is that two of them happened just a day apart. But again, I have no idea what, if any, connection there might be.

So basically if your client just closes without the regular haven error, you might have a chance to help out by posting the relevant hs_err_pidXXXX file and describing what you were doing when the client died?

vatas

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:47 pm

vatas wrote:So basically if your client just closes without the regular haven error, you might have a chance to help out by posting the relevant hs_err_pidXXXX file and describing what you were doing when the client died?

Indeed.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby valeriesusanne » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:10 pm

I cannot load the game! It crashes while loading, and is not sending a report ("an error occurred while sending!")
Two things:1) this is my first time logging on since the last update (I've restarted my computer several times now)
2) I am using a different computer (I won't have access to mine until next weekend)
So... I have no idea which - if either of these things - is preventing me from logging on.
I will copy and paste the first part of the error message. Can anyone decipher this for me? Is there another, more appropriate section for this question?
Thanks! (note: The first time, I selected a character and the game started to open before I got this message; now I get the error message as soon as the character screen opens.)

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x69b4aada, pid=3196, tid=0x000000ec
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_231-b11) (build 1.8.0_231-b11)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.231-b11 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0xb1aada]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:06 am

First question is: what operating system? I see Windows, but need to know if it is a 32-bit version (Win 7, 8) or 64-bit (7, 8, or 10)*. If the latter, my first suggestion is to uninstall Java, then download and install a more appropriate version from https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. You'll want the "Windows Offline (64-bit)" version. Second suggestion is to verify that the video drivers are up to date and properly installed. I've not heard of issues with running 32-bit Java and conflicts with the ATI graphics drivers in the past, but with all the recent changes, I can't rule it out, either.

*If you have more than 4 GB of RAM, it is definitely a 64-bit version of Windows. You can see the About information by right-clicking the Start button and selecting "System."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:14 pm

I have W7 64 bit 6.0GB / Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70GHz
I did uninstall the old Java and reinstall the newest one (I think - that's what it suggested)
I'm getting a little different error message this time, and getting into the character screen before crashing.
The last time I tried (just now) nothing loaded, but it did say the error message was sent! So that's an improvement.
Thank you for your time :) These things usually get sorted out for me eventually - I get frustrated because I'm never sure what to do
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Diagrian » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 am

1.81.0_unofficial.7b5f6ac0
Windows 10 10.0 x64, 1.8.0_271 amd64
NVIDIA Corporation (GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2) - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 452.06

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 17
at haven.Equipory.addchild(Equipory.java:157)
at haven.UI.newwidget(UI.java:173)
at haven.RemoteUI.run(RemoteUI.java:66)
at haven.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:268)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can play new character .can log in with friends account.But i cant log in with my character..=(
Diagrian

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:55 am

Diagrian wrote:I can play new character .can log in with friends account.But i cant log in with my character..=(

This is a code crash once Java is running. See this post and the following responses: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69443#p868577

Please follow up with any extra information there for issues with the standard client. For issues with modded clients, please take it up in the appropriate thread in The Wizards' Tower.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs