Enraged bear flees

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Enraged bear flees

Postby Strandmullen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 am

The last bear I fought did not start attacking when it entered enrage mode. Instead it just fled, is it intended that this can happen, or is it a bug?

Strandmullen

Re: Enraged bear flees

Postby lachlaan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 am

Can confirm I've had one recently do that, I was ready for a frontal assault but instead it just wussied out and ran.
lachlaan

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:27 am

Will look at that. Thanks.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Can't reproduce or immediately deduce under what circumstances this can occur. Would love more information on when this happens.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby lachlaan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

When initially aggrod through a cliff, smacked once and made to flee due to no pathing. Once it starts fleeing go up and jack away at it, once low enough and ragey it keeps running sometimes
lachlaan

Postby Strandmullen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm

I was on a horse at all times during the fight. I had a Fyrdsman's Sword equipped. My combat school looked as following:
Chop
Jump
Parry
Punch
Quick Dodge
Take Aim
Watch Its Moves

My fight was as following:
I aggro'ed the bear.
I made sure to have all of my defenses up at most times. Not sure wheter it got hit by parry at any time, don't think so.
I punched through its green defenses.
I chopped it until it entered rage mode (I could see this by its red eyes), but it still fled.
I chopped it again. Dead.

During the fight, to make sure it didn't run away, I led it to a small U-shaped cliff and blocked its way when it tried to run away through the opening.

Tell me if you need any more information like equipment or a screenshot of the place of combat.
Strandmullen

Postby RickyP602 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:39 pm

this happens almost every bear I fight.
RickyP602

Postby Glorthan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:04 am

This happens to me when it can't flee, and can't path to the attacker, for example when you block it in across a river with boats on a non-aggroed character.
Glorthan

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Glorthan wrote:This happens to me when it can't flee, and can't path to the attacker, for example when you block it in across a river with boats on a non-aggroed character.

What does this mean? Doesn't he destroy the boats?

jorb

Postby Neon14 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:32 am

The bear isn't actually running at me, it flee'd on this peninsula for some time while enraged.
BigStronk
Neon14

Next

Return to Bugs