cached world?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

cached world?

Postby CapnCliff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 am

so whenever I walk in and out of my house. I see images of the old world. sometimes really old. sometimes from a week ago. there used to be a log cabin where my stone mansion stands. and sometimes walking out I see it. sometimes I also see where my alts are logged out. standing there. waiting their return to the world. maybe this is a bug causing excess lag or an unavoidable consequence to the world in which we live. ill leave that up to jerb and lofty.
CapnCliff

Re: cached world?

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 am

which client are you using?
what about your java? possibly 32 bit java on 64 bit pc?
what about your system?
Tonkyhonk

Postby sabinati » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 am

What client
sabinati

Postby CapnCliff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:35 am

I get it on amber and default. java 1.8 64 bit on 64 bit os. windows 8. and others have said they see it too when I asked about it. its for a brief second. but if its old files just hanging out still trying to load then maybe it can be fixed. idk. I don't know a whole lot about all that.
CapnCliff

Postby swaith » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:04 am

actually I have seen this once or twice as well, just for a second as the world loads external things appear internally and externally things that once were appear back for a split second, If I can I will record it - I had thought it was a bug local just to me but now I see there are others =]
swaith

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 am

CapnCliff wrote:I get it on amber and default. java 1.8 64 bit on 64 bit os. windows 8. and others have said they see it too when I asked about it. its for a brief second. but if its old files just hanging out still trying to load then maybe it can be fixed. idk. I don't know a whole lot about all that.

what are the things happening on amber, and what are the things happening on default?
(possibly you are mixing different issues as one cause and you may need to solve differently. you have to state each symptom on which client specifically, i think.)
also, what have you done in attempt to fix that so far? like clearing cache, updating your driver and all.
Tonkyhonk

Postby jorb » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:35 am

Paged loftar
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby loftar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 am

CapnCliff wrote:so whenever I walk in and out of my house. I see images of the old world. sometimes really old. sometimes from a week ago.

That sounds really weird, because there are no such caches. I can only assume you are misidentifying the issue somehow, but I've no clue how.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby CapnCliff » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:14 am

well I still see my old log cabin. which I had destroyed some time ago. others have also said they see this. blank terrain, trees that used to be there. other old things that used to be. no clue what it could be. maybe something on our end. but ive cleared my java cache and it still shows. magic of interwebs I suppose.
CapnCliff

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:18 am

what are the exact things you saw happening on default client? when and what situation? because it never happened to me. show your screenshot?
Tonkyhonk

Next

Return to Bugs