Lingering Visitor debuff

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Lingering Visitor debuff

Postby bmjclark » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:42 am

Nothing has changed. Still won't leave my gate open because there's probably numerous bugs to get around the debuff and i dont really want to be the first to find out. The only change i've seen so far is that now i have a bugged visitor buff that won't go away :lol:
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Re: Lingering Visitor debuff

Postby jorb » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:29 am

bmjclark wrote:Nothing has changed. Still won't leave my gate open because there's probably numerous bugs to get around the debuff and i dont really want to be the first to find out. The only change i've seen so far is that now i have a bugged visitor buff that won't go away :lol:

Y u no mk3 bagrepart?

How did this happen?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby rye130 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:43 am

First time I experienced it I tried to jump through a gate using a wagon to avoid getting the debuff. Not sure how I got it the second time. Think its because of horses or something.
rye130

Postby jordancoles » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 am

I have full pclaim permissions on my farmer and I logged on inside of my animal pen

When walking out of the pen through the gate I got the visitor debuff
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby bmjclark » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:59 am

jorb wrote:
bmjclark wrote:Nothing has changed. Still won't leave my gate open because there's probably numerous bugs to get around the debuff and i dont really want to be the first to find out. The only change i've seen so far is that now i have a bugged visitor buff that won't go away :lol:

Y u no mk3 bagrepart?

How did this happen?

I was trying to collect visitor debuffs :oops: . But ya, pretty sure it's leaving a claim on a horse that messes it up.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby marvi » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:19 am

I had lingering debuff in this case:

• Entered the village through the gate, got debuff
  • Got oathed, debuff didn't go away
  • Logged back and forth few times on the village claim and then hearthed back to my personal claim outside the village

Debuff went away only when I travelled back to the village claim and exited it "properly".
marvi

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:50 pm

I get it from logging in indoors, on my alt's claim where I have full permissions.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 am

Can confirm debuffi s very buggy. If i enter animal pen at my own claim i get visitor debuff.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby rye130 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:04 am

Some of these reports don't sound like this bug to me. Even if you have rights on a pclaim, you still get the debuff if it isn't that characters pclaim. That mechanic is unrelated to the lingering debuffs you can get, where even after leaving all claims, you still will have a debuff icon that persists through relogs.
rye130

Postby MrBunzy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:43 am

I'm having some pretty serious problems with the Visitor debuff not going away as well. Was recently raiding a village (broke through the wall fair and square) and carelessly walked through a roundpole gate to check on some animals, and ended up with the visitor effect. Tried walking out of the gate, leaving the claim, restarting client etc and the debuff wouldn't go away. I came back to try again many hours later and I couldn't even trespass onto the claim. Had a friend destroy the offending roundpole gate, but that didn't remove the debuff either. It seems I'm just unable to interact with the claim at the moment, no idea what caused it. Ive gone through other claimed gates and managed to remove the debuff by leaving the claim. Maybe something to do with being on a horse? My char has also been in Outlaw/redhanded for the duration, if that could influence it somehow.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Next

Return to Bugs