Mining natural gallery breaks suspension of disbelief

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Mining natural gallery breaks suspension of disbelief

Postby Bauta » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 pm

loftar wrote:Note that the idea is not that you "discover" a pre-existing gallery, but rather that the cave collapses some way ahead because of your digging.

Playing it straight, shouldn't all cave-in tiles touched by the gallery trigger?
world 5: sprucecap
world 6: hermit
world 7: sprucecap
----
world 10: hermit
Bauta

Postby Djekke » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:13 pm

loftar wrote:Note that the idea is not that you "discover" a pre-existing gallery, but rather that the cave collapses some way ahead because of your digging.

Can we have a proper cavedust drop and animation for opened gallery tiles?
Because biggest frustration for me is that natural gallery breaks all minesweeper game progress.
Djekke

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:47 am

thatshitagain.jpg
thatshitagain.jpg (122.62 KiB) Viewed 1157 times

Please @devs, fix that.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 am

+1 fix
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Jackwolf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:16 am

I'm with Granger now. This happened when we were clearing the inside of the palisade of extra cave tiles, and i had already cleared out at least 3 tiles in ward of where the palisade is when i was placing it. The tile that spawned the gallery was at least 5 tiles inside the palisade.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 am

gallery_again.jpg
gallery_again.jpg (52.97 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
Granger

Postby terechgracz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:27 am

Why this ugly mechanic still exists? Whats the purpose? Make it active when you mine any tile that belongs to gallery or make it a large cavein that can't be avoided even with supports, this cavein should automaticly pulverize tiles to drop any ore, stone or gem that it contains, drop boulders from ceiling and damage players. Also it could mine out trolls, caveslimes, boreworms etc, so it is actually something thrilling not, "heh I wonder what devs had to smoke to think this is valid mechanic" or something. No hate, ez to repair, nothing bad happened since implementation but really, mechanics like that makes me don't want to recommend this game to any of my friends and just play it alone with my basement, telling I watch my little pony in my spare time, because I'm embarrased to play game with such unreal design.
terechgracz

Postby pppp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:45 am

I guess galleries are not baked into the map at the moment of map generation, contrary to cave-ins. Thus is not possible to foresee a tile will belong to a gallery until it is trigered in some other place. Hopely fixed in W12. ;)
pppp

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:56 am

pppp wrote:I guess galleries are not baked into the map at the moment of map generation, contrary to cave-ins. Thus is not possible to foresee a tile will belong to a gallery until it is trigered in some other place. Hopely fixed in W12. ;)

It is totally easy to fix this by simply stopping to apply the gallery (regardless of them being generated on the fly or being baked into the map at generation time) should the next void tile to remove already being exposed on more than one side.

With this they would still nicely open into the void, while preventing them connecting back into already mined (or pre-existing cave) areas.

And it would shut me up about this for good.
Granger

Postby LostJustice » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 pm

Granger wrote:
pppp wrote:I guess galleries are not baked into the map at the moment of map generation, contrary to cave-ins. Thus is not possible to foresee a tile will belong to a gallery until it is trigered in some other place. Hopely fixed in W12. ;)

It is totally easy to fix this by simply stopping to apply the gallery (regardless of them being generated on the fly or being baked into the map at generation time) should the next void tile to remove already being exposed on more than one side.

With this they would still nicely open into the void, while preventing them connecting back into already mined (or pre-existing cave) areas.

And it would shut me up about this for good.

Not a big deal. Should just quit like you said. Argue for immersion this thread, argue to teleport cart on you in another thread which breaks immersion. Is your word for immersion similar meaning to you as convenience for you?
LostJustice

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs