Roads crossing water

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Roads crossing water

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:09 am

If you build a road that crosses deep water, the user must have swimming on when travelling in order to cross.
bringback crossroads
If the user has swimming turned off, they will land on the entry tile and get a message that they need to turn swimming on to cross.
bringback crossroads
There's a random chance when landing on this entry tile that they will land on the water, drain stamina as if swimming despite not showing the animation, and potentially die.
bringback crossroads
bringback crossroads
Picture:
Bonus pic of the lives lost in battle with bugs.
DDDsDD999

Re: Roads crossing water

Postby bmjclark » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:32 am

That's odd. A lot of the roads i use cross deep water but never make me turn swimming on, i assumed they fixed this sometime back without saying anything. Should definitely be fixed if it's still happening.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:01 pm

It happens when you're first creating the road and you travel it for the first time/first few times. I don't know why it happens and I don't know what causes it to stop but after you turn on swimming and travel the road you can usually turn it back off again and use the road fine from that point on.
Kaios

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Yeah, seems to not require swimming a while after the road's finished. Guessing it has something to do with unloading the map. I just worry for the alt lives potentially lost.
DDDsDD999

Postby rye130 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Yeah, seems to not require swimming a while after the road's finished. Guessing it has something to do with unloading the map. I just worry for the alt lives potentially lost.

I believe most of the bugs with roads seem to be or used to be with unloading of maps. The bug with not being able to teleport along a road and not getting a waylaid debuff didn't occur if you had someone standing at the other end loading it, for example.
rye130

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks for the report. Will look at this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs