Animals hit range is borked.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Animals hit range is borked.

Postby jorb » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 am

Will look at it again.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pussnboots » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Tonight I was a couple of tiles outside our palisade, I shot and killed a deer, which cause our penned livestock inside our pali to aggro
Pussnboots

Postby pouyoto » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Same stuf happening with agro range. They atack even not being in range to see me.
pouyoto

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 pm

pouyoto wrote:Same stuf happening with agro range. They atack even not being in range to see me.

Not sure where you're getting this idea from. If the animal is on screen, it can see you, as in the code for the character and code for the animal start to interact with each other. Aggro range is somewhat random and can have controllable variables. Example: moving slower around bats can decrease odds of being attacked, to the point you can literally walk on top of them and they don't care.

The warning ring in custom clients is there only as a warning and an approximation.

Also to note: this thread is from 8 years ago... probably not relevant to your problem, so will split this off, but will wait for dev comment before doing so.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs