Cliff changing

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cliff changing

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 pm

I think this is classed as a bug, so posting it here ... apologies if it is not.

I have been terraforming around a cliff that I claimed, not the actual cliff itself, just around the base. I finished the work over week ago and all was good, no problems.

A couple of days ago, maybe 3 days ago, I noticed that a section of my cliff changed to reveal dirt rather than the yellow cliff face although it hasn't changed in height or anything, a day later a second section did the same thing and although on the same side it was not adjacent to the first section.
It can't be connected to the crops growing beneath it as they have been there since the start, like weeks now, and are also around the other side in the exact same position and that side of the cliff is fine. Also, the first section to change was the furthest right and at that time it had no crops beneath it, at that point they were only in the small square where I am standing.
This morning I log onto a further two sections having changed appearance as shown below;

There is no terraforming or building going on around it since the I finished the work, only paving, which hadn't been started prior to the first two sections changing. I did the paving yesterday.

This is extremely unattractive and I'm not at all happy about it.
Is there a reason why this is happening and is my whole cliff going to end up looking like that? :(
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Re: Cliff changing

Postby jorb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Caused by spreading plowed tiles, from what I can tell. Try planting grass on them and see what happens.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Ok, I'll try that and it had crossed my mind, but the ploughed tiles have been there since the start, a long time before this suddenly happened and they haven't affected the other side of the cliff which mirrors this side .... but I will try that and see what happens. :)

Thanks.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Ok, you are officially the best dev ever!

I wasn't expecting that, lol, I didn't actually believe you knew what you were talking about ... :oops: ... but you did and I couldn't be happier, a big thank you. :)

Not a bug ... resolved. :D
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Great! Plowed tiles should not spread. Will fix at some point.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs