Barterstand ghost item

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Barterstand ghost item

Postby stya » Tue May 10, 2016 8:20 am

I suppose the root isn't supposed to show. I also had problems when switching items, it sometimes showed the old item but not the new one (they were tin and copper coins that I swapped)
And yes this is on vanilla ;)

stya

Re: Barterstand ghost item

Postby jorb » Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Something is strange with equipped items on barterstands. I've noticed that they sometimes don't render their contents at all until you interact with them, and whatnot.

Not sure what the actual problem is, however. Would love steps to reproduce.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 pm

jorb wrote:I've noticed that they sometimes don't render their contents at all until you interact with them.

This is not intention? I think this one was some server optimization. I do not know if I can ever see some contents before interaction.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby stya » Wed May 11, 2016 7:38 am

One sure way to reproduce it is to let items decay inside the giving container. It will show the items when the container is empty.
I'm experimenting to see if it shows the next items when decaying.

I could not reproduce it in another way so far, either way the other way I had in mind got fix or it's just hard to reproduce.
The last time I noticed it, I had swapped a lot of tin coins for copper ones that were just fresh minted, some stands did the update and some others didn't. That's what I couldn't reproduce this time.

Hope it helps somehow, but it's not the biggest issue of the year I guess..
stya

Postby stya » Fri May 13, 2016 9:14 am

Another weird one:

Actually I had a chest with brimstones and a coin. I added the brims first, then the coin some time later.
stya

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun May 15, 2016 8:38 am

jorb wrote:Something is strange with equipped items on barterstands. I've noticed that they sometimes don't render their contents at all until you interact with them, and whatnot.

Looks like: grids with the source containers are not loaded. And they loads only when you open barter
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby jorb » Mon May 16, 2016 9:29 am

APXEOLOG wrote:
jorb wrote:Something is strange with equipped items on barterstands. I've noticed that they sometimes don't render their contents at all until you interact with them, and whatnot.

Looks like: grids with the source containers are not loaded. And they loads only when you open barter

Not a bad idea, actually. Will look at that one.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jorb » Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:

Nope. They save a resource themselves, so that ain't it.

jorb

Postby Granger » Tue May 17, 2016 12:41 am

jorb wrote:Nope. They save a resource themselves, so that ain't it.

Either modifying the containers with the giving hands clears the stand item, or they fail to load what they save. Gut feeling is the latter, but I'll test it tomorrow night.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 am

Loftar looked at it and found the problem. They couldn't differentiate between unloading and other removal of the item. Iffy to fix properly, but we have an improvement, at least, and we know what the problem is now. Thanks!

jorb

Return to Bugs