Bears are (not so) scary. Bear rage doesn't seems to work.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Bears are (not so) scary. Bear rage doesn't seems to work.

Postby cptziggy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello Dev,
I have noticed strange thing lastly. When i'm fighting with bears lately I can cause them to escape ~150hp damage dealt. After that I can chase it with boat or horse and kill. Seems normal? Yeah, but as You know bear is always enraging after next couple hundrets damage dealt to it. It should berskerk and attack me in return, but it doesn't. Only his icon is changing to raging bear, but it is not attacking me anymore, it just keeps running. Please look at it, because bears are now easiest enemies to kill ;)
Thanks.

How to.
1.Find a bear
2.Attack a bear (i'm using Hirdsman sword)
3.Deal 150hp with 3-4hits.
4.Cause bear to run.
5.Hit bear hard until it die.
6.Don't worry about rage, because it's not working.

(i noticed that, before killing blow i need to hit bear 2-3 times after it's image has changed, but even on rage it doesn't stop running nor doesn't attack)
cptziggy

Re: Bears are (not so) scary.

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:27 pm

This is an old behavior. I'm not sure how much of the code has gotten reused from legacy and with the combat changes, but they'd do this in legacy, too. I'm not saying you're wrong with it being a bug/undesirable behavior, but it is known. The portrait always changes when it drops to a certain level of HPs.

Bears have always been easy to kill if you truly understand the combat system. That's why mammoths and trolls are so ugly in mechanics.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Bears are (not so) scary. Bear rage doesn't seems to wor

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Yeah, I agree that it seems a bit broken/tame. Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs