Quests not abandoning right

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Quests not abandoning right

Postby candycane66 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:42 pm

So I had abandoned my 2-3 quests because they were far away and didn't think more about it.
After a few days I noticed I wasn't getting any new ones - and suddenly one of the old objectives made a quest I had abandoned pop up again. However, it doesn't point to a quest marker and it wasn't complete-able when I went to the quest giver.
I can only get new quests now by using the hearth magic and these old bugged quests I have abandoned seems to linger, not showing up in my log until I complete one of the (now hidden) objectives. And they can't be finished.

What gives? Any way to abandon quests again when they don't show in the log?
candycane66

Re: Quests not abandoning right

Postby LostJustice » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:59 am

I have this bug too and I know how to replicate it.

Start a quest -> abandon it and all your quests -> complete an objective in old quest -> quest pops back up uncomplete able.
Last edited by LostJustice on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LostJustice

Postby zebratul » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:02 am

I think i had the same issue. Jorbtar, please bless us with your divine grace and fix it.
zebratul

Postby candycane66 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Update: My quests seem to have fixed themselves a few hours ago. For some reason the quests seemed to fully have abandoned and I got a new quest at random again. I don't know what the trigger was however.
candycane66

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:34 pm

It is probably true that uncompleted objectives in abandoned quests will still become completed if their conditions are fulfilled, but it seems like a fairly cosmetic problem. Is this actually a problem in any real sense?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby LostJustice » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 pm

loftar wrote:It is probably true that uncompleted objectives in abandoned quests will still become completed if their conditions are fulfilled, but it seems like a fairly cosmetic problem. Is this actually a problem in any real sense?

I am not sure what worked in candy's case but for me it required me to use experience points in order to renew and fix the problem otherwise if I did not use experience points with hearth magic then I would not receive a new quest for over 28 hours (at least that is how long I waited in game online for one).
LostJustice

Postby candycane66 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:18 am

Same issue for me. The quests stayed bugged for at least 2 days maybe 3. I can't remember. That's a long time without free quests.
candycane66

Postby candycane66 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Update 2: I did a few quests, got one I didn't like and abandoned it. Spent all day without new quests. I suspect they bugged again and I have to wait for an undetermined amount of time before they'll truly be abandoned.
candycane66

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:02 am

LostJustice wrote:I am not sure what worked in candy's case but for me it required me to use experience points in order to renew and fix the problem otherwise if I did not use experience points with hearth magic then I would not receive a new quest for over 28 hours (at least that is how long I waited in game online for one).

That doesn't necessarily mean that it was bugged, though. The more quests you've done, the less likely you are to get a free quest. This is to prevent that you keep abandoning quests in order to make sure you only get really easy ones.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:58 am

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs