Isolated beehive do not resets quality of products

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Isolated beehive do not resets quality of products

Postby Saergof » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

I think this is a severe (game mechanics) bug, as it can be quite exploitable: the hive which is "charged" on high-q crops and then placed in a basement or wherever, will keep producing high-q wax and honey until the end of times. Very slowly, at base rate, but, as we all know, "slow" processes in H&H just need to be run 1000 times in parallel.
Saergof

Re: Isolated beehive do not resets quality of products

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 am

It's a feature.
This is why we can't have anything fun.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 am

Saergof wrote:Very slowly, at base rate, but, as we all know, "slow" processes in H&H just need to be run 1000 times in parallel.

shubla wrote:It's a feature.

It's nice, and yes, if you were to make enough houses or have a large enough underground area for a 1000 hives, sure, have all the high grade honey you want, or you can keep raising your farm product quality, get better hives, and keep raising the quality of your honey and wax.

I don't see a huge issue as this is why it is so slow to naturally produce wax and honey. It'd be reasonable to turn off production while the hive is where it can't feed (cellars, indoors, caves), but bees are a lot like flies in that they'll figure a way through walls to eat. Would also be reasonable to treat the hives like the cattle. If you don't feed them regularly, they eat the naturally occurring q10 stuff. However, given people do keep raising crop quality, and thus honey and wax, are these changes necessary other than from an immersion perspective?

Now, I was impressed with the large scale chicken coop farm to produce golden eggs in w6, I think it was.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Saergof » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:03 am

Surely it is very nice from the resourceful player's perspective. And yet this is clearly not intended behaviour, I would dare to bet on this case.
Saergof

Postby Sevenless » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Saergof wrote:Surely it is very nice from the resourceful player's perspective. And yet this is clearly not intended behaviour, I would dare to bet on this case.

I'd say it's not the Q reset, but the fact that bees can make honey out of rocks that's the issue.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Will fix.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs