Small P-Claim and Land Survey graphical bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Small P-Claim and Land Survey graphical bug

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:38 pm

When i removed a two tile long land survey that was on my pclaim, i was left with a hole in the claim. Turning the show pclaims thing off and on again didn't fix it, but re-logging did. Either way, just thought i'd report it anyway.

bandicam 2017-01-30 14-34-02-390.jpg
bandicam 2017-01-30 14-34-02-390.jpg (4.44 KiB) Viewed 852 times

EDIT: It happened again when i placed some dirt down, in the same shape. Now that i think of it, i think it was placing down dirt int he two tile survey, rather than removing it.

EDIT2: It did it AGAIN. Same thing as the first edit.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Re: Small P-Claim and Land Survey graphical bug

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:50 pm

It's not missing, it's just a display artifact from the changing land elevations. I've seen these show back up, too. I'm not sure how this is done in rendering, but I suspect something isn't calculating properly (texture being applied to wrong side of poly, separate poly mesh that ends up with a vertex below the surface).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It's not missing, it's just a display artifact from the changing land elevations. I've seen these show back up, too. I'm not sure how this is done in rendering, but I suspect something isn't calculating properly (texture being applied to wrong side of poly, separate poly mesh that ends up with a vertex below the surface).

I thought that could be it.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs