Right click not responding?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Right click not responding?

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42 pm

If you go under the Java settings, you can designate which Java version to run with. You need use "View" under Temporary Internet Files on the General tab and find Haven & Hearth in the list of Applications (should be default view, but if not, use the list box in the top left corner to change views).

I'll note that there shouldn't be a reason to have more than one version of Java on your computer unless there is a compatibility issue with an app and a newer version or you're a developer.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Assuming resolved unless indication to the contrary. Make sure java is 64-bit if your system is.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:46 pm

I have this issue now - clicks in the world (walking / interacting with objects) do not work, but clicks on the interface / inventory do work.

I am using old laptop for a few days, one that I used to play HnH in summer 2020, and then it worked fine.

I have updated Nvidia drivers (the laptop has NVS 4200M GPU), updated java (to 1.8.0_341), am on a win7 x64 OS. I also remember back from Salem days that screen depth color could affect this, but switching between 16 and 32 bit color doesn't make a difference. Currently using default client, so maybe I'll check custom ones (back in 2020 I used Amber). I'm assuming rendering rewrite might have affected it.

edit:
Ender doesn't work
Ard does
Procne

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:11 am

Procne wrote:I have this issue now - clicks in the world (walking / interacting with objects) do not work, but clicks on the interface / inventory do work.

Weird, I sometimes get the opposite and I have to restart the client to fix it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby aronatia » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:11 am

I seem to be having the same issue, but it will work for a while, then stop responding to clicks that aren't on the menus/UI.
I did update Java, it worked a bit longer than normal, then stopped responding again. Any idea what's going on?
aronatia

Postby aronatia » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:18 pm

The strangest part to me is that it will work for a while before just stopping. It can be anywhere from a few seconds to 5 or so minutes before it quits responding, but it always does. I would think if it wasn't going to work, it would just not function from the start. :?
aronatia

Postby Tilia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:08 am

Same problem, character does not move or respond, menus can be moved opened closed.
happens on default client, and enders client. Can play for about 10 minutes then have to restart.
64 bit java latest dl from oracle
Tilia

Previous

Return to Bugs