Bugged stone pillars don't show correct stone colors/metal.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Bugged stone pillars don't show correct stone colors/metal.

Postby Ophaq » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:12 am

I just made a stone pillar with 11 hornblende, 10 marble, and 9 cat gold + 1 bronze bar. It gave me the default stone pillar that uses steel and granite/porphyry.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Re: Bugged stone pillars don't show correct stone colors/met

Postby Ophaq » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 am

Nevermind, I tried to destroy it and it suddenly swapped to its color scheme it should have had after I got to around 23%. May have been a server side thing but might be worth looking into. It's strange lol.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby Reiber » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 am

happenes too all my stone pillars every time i leave/enter the cave some of them swap colours too standard
Reiber

Postby Ophaq » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:16 am

Yeah I just realized this happened again to mine. They're all back to default colors again until I hit them a bit which is kind of irritating if you have 100 pillars you want looking as they should.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby isdel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:32 am

I've seen this bug many times, not only on stone columns but also the stone table. It seems to be a general issue with loading variable materials on these items.

e: I suppose it's possible it's happened to others and I've only noticed it on these two since the change to gneiss/porphyry is much more noticeable than wood colors getting swapped.
Last edited by isdel on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
isdel

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:36 am

There have been some issues in the past with caching variable material information. This could be related to past problems. It's not that the item wasn't built right, but for some reason it's not cached proplerly from the server or isn't rendering correctly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:13 am

Ophaq wrote:Yeah I just realized this happened again to mine. They're all back to default colors again until I hit them a bit which is kind of irritating if you have 100 pillars you want looking as they should.

It happens with a lot of things, study desks, vidols, coronation stones ... if you leave the screen and re-enter they go back to showing the colours you built them with, it just sort of happens when you view them for the first time each time ... it's annoying but no need to bash them. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Will try to look at this. Wasn't there another thread for this bug?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sabinati » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:39 pm

it's a bug with the variable material caching or something, been other posts about it for sure, it used to happen to our coronation stone a lot. saw it happen on a barterstand before as well.
sabinati

Return to Bugs