Q10 Wax?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Q10 Wax?

Postby gad432 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:54 pm

i got q10 wax on all crops exept carrot. carrot do normal wax/
gad432

Postby piopepik » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:09 pm

From my understanding (may be false), if any tick (or maybe last tick which means the tick that makes wax harvastable) is from passive wax/honey generation, then the wax you harvest will be quality 10. I got to this conclusion, by sometimes getting Q10 wax from my carrot field if i left it for too long, fully grown up, so the carrots (or any other crop) is not generating wax since it's not changing stages. So my advice for anyone, would be, have a just right amount of beehives for the size of your field and type of crop (not too many because then some of them will not get to generate wax properly but passively), and also harvest your crops frequently so there won't be any passive generation going on, which may be sometiems impossible to do when your crops fully grow overnight and get some passive generation then.
piopepik

Postby Aethyr » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 am

is not a bug, is a feature
Aethyr

Postby Kirche » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:27 pm

was having the same issue, and then after i got my first tick of q10 wax on each of my new beehives they instantly jumped up to q30 next wax harvest

p.s hemp isn't affected by bee skeps
Kirche

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Wink721 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Does harvesting crops inside the radius of the skeep lower the quality of the wax?
Wink721

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Wink721 wrote:Does harvesting crops inside the radius of the skeep lower the quality of the wax?

Quality is based on the crops as they are pollinated, not at harvest. I believe planting counts, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Myrgard » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Can confirm the same issue as described in the first post, all crops and beehives well above q 10.

Also I've found brand new hives serving large fields to sometimes produce q 10 wax within the first 3-4 days from being build, meaning it's not just wild pollination mixing with crop servicing as a beehive build without any fields in rage wouldn't produce wax that fast.
Myrgard

Postby Enjoyment » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:13 am

Fresh report.
Here's my field:

A half-hour has passed from the moment the first beehive was built till the last crop was planted.
Today, I've got my first wax harvest - those marked with blue all gave me q10 wax. After an hour I've visited my field again and collected wax from those marked with red (they haven't yet produced wax when I was collecting from blue ones) - all they gave me normal wax with normal quality averaging crops/beehives quality.
All beehives have the same quality (+/- 1-2 maybe).
Yes, I know that's too many beehives for that small field, but that's nothing related to the bug itself. Those at the bottom line covering exactly the same amount of crops as at the top line.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Avu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:07 pm

It might be related though if the beehives start polinating from same direction and if a beehive ends up trying to polinate a crop that has been polinated by a previous beehive it might try and give wax but fuck up on the quality since technically it already polinated. Something like it checks if there is a growing crop in range if there is it adds a tick to wax and honey but when it check the quality of the crop it finds out it already got used so instead of crashing the server it just gives q10 quality. If there are multiple beehives overlaping there are more and more ticks of q 10 added wax until it all averages to q 10. Maybe.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs