Lament the Departed not showing up

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Lament the Departed not showing up

Postby HappyBuffalo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:06 pm

I have built altar and have 10 numen points. For some reason I do not have the Lamet skill. What requirement don't I have?

Also. Will it give me something if I burried the body and the scull?
HappyBuffalo

Re: Lament the Departed not showing up

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:53 pm

You can lament as many times as necessary to get to the cap of 45% returned. It just costs more each time you do it so having the skull and body reduce the cost significantly.

Not sure why it wouldn't show up unless for some reason you don't have a direct ancestor on that character*. You do need to do the lament with the descendant. Check your account information here. I think jorb or loftar one mentioned something about it in the announcement thread to someone else having this issue.

*edit: Found the post: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=54573&p=724968#p724968. It only shows if you both have a direct ancestor AND if you haven't reached the cap.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Saizouno » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You can lament as many times as necessary to get to the cap of 45% returned. It just costs more each time you do it so having the skull and body reduce the cost significantly.

Not sure why it wouldn't show up unless for some reason you don't have a direct ancestor on that character*. You do need to do the lament with the descendant. Check your account information here. I think jorb or loftar one mentioned something about it in the announcement thread to someone else having this issue.

*edit: Found the post: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=54573&p=724968#p724968. It only shows if you both have a direct ancestor AND if you haven't reached the cap.

Have the same problem. I burried all but the head of my ancestor as that one is missing.
But still the Lament the dead doesnt show up even after doing some quests and having lumen points.
(and yes i cheked that i have a direct ancestor.
Saizouno

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 am

Looks like there might be a bug issue here. Verify that you're not past the "Lament" cap if you can figure the math out. Moving this to "Bugs.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Saizouno » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 am

MagicManICT wrote:Looks like there might be a bug issue here. Verify that you're not past the "Lament" cap if you can figure the math out. Moving this to "Bugs.

iam actualy realy bad at math :P
But from what i get you where only able to reach the "cap" on that if you burried your body and head (dunno about state funeral thing as iam not part of any kingdom)
So after i died i created a char and later burried myself with its succesor... but as my head is kinda missing i only was able to burry what was left of my dead body. 2 days later the update came. 1 day later i built the shrine thing and started doing the quests. I aborted the first one as that little shit wanted stuff from me i neather had nor had any means of getting them soon.
So i did the next quest it gave me after getting lumen points.
have 8 lumen points about now.
The pray for strengh option is visable.... the "lament the departed" is not showing up.
And even though iam realy bad at math from what i get you would need to burry your complete body with head and all to get the full %.
As my head went missing i think i didnt get the full 45% back.
at least i think. If iam wrong correct me ^^
if not tell me what i can provide to help on that "bug"?
Saizouno

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:21 am

Be glad to help with the math if you need it. It's not too hard, but if you haven't practiced it much or are not familiar with the shortcuts, it gets messy.

From my understanding you can lament the dead even without the body as long as you have inherited from an ancestor. The cost will just get higher to get to that 45% cap.

Looks like a reasonable summary for the devs to look at. The only thing I might see as a problem is the date of the death coming before the patch. I can't say for sure, but might be the problem. I also don't know if this works like previous burials where you don't get the points if you've already gained LP and FEPs up to cover what was lost.
MagicManICT

Postby Saizouno » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Well i waited with an FEP/lp gain till i was able to burry my headless body. Only after that i started the Fep gain stuff.
(made teh char and waited with doing anythingwith him till his ancestor was bones)

And from what i understand is that you get some % for having the direct ancestor (yep he is that) some for burrying the body and some for burrying the head.
So at least the % of the head that someone would get by putting it into the grave too should be missing and i should for that be able to lament the departed i guess.
But my understanding could be wrong as i probably dont know enough about the death thing^^
Saizouno

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:48 pm

If you can't see the spell, most likely that is because you don't need it -- i.e. you have already received the full return -- or possibly because you died before the relevant changes were made. Won't investigate further unless given ample reason.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs