Possible cave hermit bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Possible cave hermit bug

Postby Myrgard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 am

Not entirely sure but... cave hermit has quests about mine x type of stone/ore on y mine lvl.

Some stones/ores don't exist on all lvls. Personally I had to mine limestone on lvl 3. I never found that type of stone on that lvl (and did I look for it). Maybe it was just luck but in case the devs didn't take it into consideration here's the report.
Myrgard

Re: Possible cave hermit bug

Postby Granger » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 am

Some stones are somewhat regional, so you might find limestone in abundance in one place but 10 maps away none of it (but another type that you didn't see at all in the first spot).

Possible solution is to invenst some stockpiles of hard metal bars into a longer tunnel on the target level...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby svino » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Yeah, i know that limestone cannot be found on level 4/5, not sure about level 3.
Same as black ore. It cannot be found on level 1 or 2.
svino

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Arguably that's a bug, but I kind of don't mind if some quests like that can't be completed. Perhaps it is a meaningful test of your knowledge of things stone whether you can identify the quest as completable?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 pm

jorb wrote:Arguably that's a bug, but I kind of don't mind if some quests like that can't be completed. Perhaps it is a meaningful test of your knowledge of things stone whether you can identify the quest as completable?

I think this would NOT be good game design, as it would be quite unfair to the majority that don't know every little detail of the game and don't expect to be tricked.

TL;DR: Quests should be solvable with reasonable effort and not ask for impossible tasks.
Last edited by Granger on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double-negation removed (that turned my statement upside down)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby magisticus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:09 am

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:Arguably that's a bug, but I kind of don't mind if some quests like that can't be completed. Perhaps it is a meaningful test of your knowledge of things stone whether you can identify the quest as completable?

I think this would NOT be good game design, as it would be quite unfair to the majority that don't know every little detail of the game and don't expect to be tricked.

TL;DR: Quests should be solvable with reasonable effort and not ask for impossible tasks.

"Trust in Jorbtar with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (variable NOT might not have been initialised)

"We know that Jorbtar causes all things to work together for good to Granger, who loves Jorbtar"
magisticus

Postby FuriousFox » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:47 pm

This bug is still relevant.
FuriousFox

Return to Bugs