Store hats on stand

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Store hats on stand

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 am

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:Preferably fix it in the way that buying an account bound item transfers ownership to the account of the character buying it.

Not too fond of that. I think it's good if ownership transfers are as explicit as possible. If anything, it is arguable that it should be possible to acquire the shop hats in such a way that they aren't bound to an account at all, and thus can be handled in bulk. Perhaps a "renounce ownership".

In case they could be claimed (and by that be added to an account) AND not enter the stand while they are bound: fine.

I think 'renounce ownership' turning 10$ into something that despawns (and is guaranteed to vanish on a world number increase) wouldn't be that welcome by your users...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Granger wrote:I think 'renounce ownership' turning 10$ into something that despawns (and is guaranteed to vanish on a world number increase) wouldn't be that welcome by your users...

Is that really so? Conversely, would the hats be completely worthless and unbuyable if they weren't account-bound to begin with?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby blank » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:I think 'renounce ownership' turning 10$ into something that despawns (and is guaranteed to vanish on a world number increase) wouldn't be that welcome by your users...

Is that really so? Conversely, would the hats be completely worthless and unbuyable if they weren't account-bound to begin with?

yeah i dont think hats would be that awesome if they weren't account specific. the fact that i can be a noob run around and die and still have my hat makes me happy.. i think if they are put into stalls and one purchases it they should automatically switch ownership to the one who bought it. in other words keep the hat account reliable and not like any other basic item.
blank

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm

loftar wrote:

People wouldn't really wear them outside if they could be stolen. Think of dev capes, it's pretty rare people took those into combat situations, and usually they'd get focused super hard.
DDDsDD999

Postby blank » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
loftar wrote:

People wouldn't really wear them outside if they could be stolen. Think of dev capes, it's pretty rare people took those into combat situations, and usually they'd get focused super hard.

tis is true..
blank

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:01 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
loftar wrote:

But rich people could start using bait characters with cool hats as a strategy to lure enemies around.

Wouldnt that be cool!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Previous

Return to Bugs