Carcass not rendering on Roasting Spit

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Carcass not rendering on Roasting Spit

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 am

Happening since the last patch.

Placed it.

Came back ...

And this is me carving it ... lol

Happens every time.

Oh and also tested on default client and it doesn't even show up at all, like when you first put it on, but don't know how you take ss on default so can't show you. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Re: Carcass not rendering on Roasting Spit

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:11 pm

I've noticed something similar, but I'm not sure what causes it. Does relogging help resolve the problem?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 pm

No, not for me, I have spoken to others who have visual issues too but not quite in the same way, for example, the carving animation not working, carcass disappearing on carving but there prior to and carcasses that appear and disappear on exiting and entering the screen ... but for me, once it disappears it does stay that way.
So, all a bit odd.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Anything you can think of could be helpful. Will try to keep an eye on it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 am

What type of animal did you put on the spit?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 am

jordancoles wrote:What type of animal did you put on the spit?

Yeah I did wonder about that, like maybe it's just certain animals and was going to test it yesterday but I didn't get time as had to work and then had friends round, I can't remember now which ones it was but more than one type ... I have days when I spit roast, days when I bake, days when I make sausages, so I don't use it every day and I don't really want to guess but, I think I was roasting squirrels and possibly swans/ducks ... I'll test it today though.
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Right, after a morning spent slaving away over a hot spit roasting a ton of animals I don't even want, lol, these are the results;

Basically all small animals are affected with the exception of Magpies and Ptarmigans, both of which have no issues.

Rabbits, Squirrels, Adders, Chickens, Ducks and Swans all disappear on exiting the screen but, they all reappear on leaving again and returning, with the exception of squirrels, for me, squirrels never come back no matter how many times I go on and off screen. All of the others will go on and off on repeated exiting and entering.
They also all (again, not squirrels) will render if you turn the spit.

I haven't tested Moles or any of the larger animals as now out of time for the moment. Hope that helps. :)
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Return to Bugs