Warning Walrus butchering bugged

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby pheonix » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:49 am

After butchering 7 walrus i got given these, apparently a dead walrus can bite you now :/
Image
pheonix
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby loftar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:22 am

Intended. Seal Finger is an infectious disease, not a wound. Gloves help when butchering, however.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby jorb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 am

Not a bug.
‎"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

- Ludwig von Mises
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby Enjoyment » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 pm

loftar wrote:Gloves help when butchering

So maybe the bug part is they don't? Or are u assuming man dealt with walrus is hanging out w/o gloves?
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby jorb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm

By help he means "reduces the risk" not "removes the risk entirely".
‎"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

- Ludwig von Mises
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby Enjoyment » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

jorb wrote:By help he means "reduces the risk" not "removes the risk entirely".

If he doesn't butcher out 50 walruses - seems like risk is still high enough. I personally butchered 4 walruses and got 4 wounds (with gloves). ANd butchering 5 seals made only 1, so maybe OP is right, just take a minute to make sure there's no bug there ;)
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby synaris » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:00 am

jorb, you're an asshole. now we need throwaway alts specifically for butchering seals and walrus'. and its only healed by hartshorn? this is insane. HOW are we getting this random infectous disease? theres no reasoning behind it.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
User avatar
synaris
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:58 am

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 am

synaris wrote:HOW are we getting this random infectous disease? theres no reasoning behind it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_finger

That's not to say that the current chances of getting it might not be off. I might have underestimated the amount of produce from butchering a walrus when setting the probabilities.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 am

Off topic: Boy, not much is known about it, and does sound pretty prevalent from just the Wikipedia description, but then how few populations have to deal with this in modern day living?

synaris wrote:jorb, you're an asshole. now we need throwaway alts specifically for butchering seals and walrus'. and its only healed by hartshorn? this is insane. HOW are we getting this random infectous disease? theres no reasoning behind it.

Can we stop with they hyperbole? Right after credos were introduced I started a new character and ended up getting knocked down to under 40 HHP with wounds that don't heal over time. With literally no first aid around, and only able to find a few ancient roots, I recovered all those HHP within about 2 weeks. For a developed character that is used often, this probably shouldn't be an issue. Eat more CON.
jorb wrote:You'll learn, I figure.
User avatar
MagicManICT
 
Posts: 12042
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 am

Re: Warning Walrus butchering bugged

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 am

MagicManICT wrote:Off topic: Boy, not much is known about it, and does sound pretty prevalent from just the Wikipedia description, but then how few populations have to deal with this in modern day living?

synaris wrote:jorb, you're an asshole. now we need throwaway alts specifically for butchering seals and walrus'. and its only healed by hartshorn? this is insane. HOW are we getting this random infectous disease? theres no reasoning behind it.

Can we stop with they hyperbole? Right after credos were introduced I started a new character and ended up getting knocked down to under 40 HHP with wounds that don't heal over time. With literally no first aid around, and only able to find a few ancient roots, I recovered all those HHP within about 2 weeks. For a developed character that is used often, this probably shouldn't be an issue. Eat more CON.

Fuck this, man. You're not playin' this game hard enough (nor any of devs, as it looks like). So stop postin' shit like ''all localized resources are pretty easy to find''. The closest unclaimed not palised ancient roots are like half-world travel from my base. And don't forget about ''old new wound'' that can reduce your con while you at 1-3 hp, andbjust kill you. This sadistic shit just had to be be stoppes. Not fun in any way.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Next

Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vladivanov9 and 1 guest