branding vandalism

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

branding vandalism

Postby Thedrah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

my character died and he did not inherit the brand on animals. on the inspection screen it says "branded (not yours)". to re-brand the animals, it states "doing that is vandalism" even though i am the next of kin or my character inherited from the fallen owner. is this intentional and/or can this be changed? or possible for a village branding system?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Re: branding vandalism

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 pm

IMHO descendants should inherit the property of the deceased, branded animals should fall under that rule too.
Possibly also roles as lawspeaker, so hermit villages don't need alts for this.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am

If this isss really the case, it is a bug. However if I were you, I'd double-check that you inherited the right ancestor in the character selection.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Will consider inheritance of branded animals.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Thedrah » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 am

vatas wrote:If this isss really the case, it is a bug. However if I were you, I'd double-check that you inherited the right ancestor in the character selection.

i did, i'm doing the suicide for easier credo quest stuff. as a hermit with 2-3 alts, it's a bit annoying/difficult
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Return to Bugs