Game stops working suddenly

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Game stops working suddenly

Postby sebacame » Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 am

This is a pretty annoying bug which only happens to me(at least that's what i think) in which the game randomly stops working. It's not a crash, nor a disconnects... it just stops responding to anything, the hearthling and the animals stay where they are with their "in moment" animations and my characters doesn't log out until i close the game. It's not a program stopped working thing either, i can leave the game open for hours and it'll stay like that, nothing changes. I tried deleting and redownloading the game but it doesn't seem to solve it, happens in both regular client and amber client. I just post this here to see if anyone knows the cause or if i can fix it. I got ko'ed a bunch of times by boars, mooses, even ants and it's just annoying af :/ It must be something with my particular computer tho
sebacame

Re: Game stops working suddenly

Postby sMartins » Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 am

You lost connection to the server probably ... check your connection.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby sebacame » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 am

Nope... happens regularly + i can always reconnect in the exact moment it happens and it works again, just gotta relog. Still like 10 seconds wasted relogging
sebacame

Postby Koyse28 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 am

same problem using pasta client. and also a problem of my other friends who wants to play H&H. I hope it gets fixed soon
Koyse28

Postby sMartins » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 am

Well, out of curiosity you can type
Code: Select all
 ping game.havenandhearth.com
in your console command of windows to check the ping .... not sure if related, but what you describe looks like what usually happens when the connection to the server is lost.
Other than that give more information you can and wait for the cavalry.
P.S. You can also do some test that last indefinately to check if the connection to the server is ok during time, look for the help in the console.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby sebacame » Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 am

sMartins wrote:Well, out of curiosity you can type
Code: Select all
 ping game.havenandhearth.com
in your console command of windows to check the ping .... not sure if related, but what you describe looks like what usually happens when the connection to the server is lost.
Other than that give more information you can and wait for the cavalry.
P.S. You can also do some test that last indefinately to check if the connection to the server is ok during time, look for the help in the console.

Ok just checked my ping and it's around 280-300ms so that's not that bad... i think. The thing is some of my friends play the game, live near me, have worse internet connection (i guess they have a higher ping to the server) and this has never happened to them which i find weird if this is a server connection issue.
P.S. gonna do that indefinately check thing and post the results in about an hour, thanks :)

Had the ping checking for about 2 hours now, here are the results: 272ms minimum, medium is 292ms and maximum is 1282ms... That maximum is quite alarming, but i checked the log and it's caused by sudden ping spikes apparently. That ping spike may be the cause of this "bug"... not sure why they happen tho. Most of the time my ping is below 300. Out of 6425 packages, 15 were lost :/
sebacame

Postby vatas » Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 pm

You need to close the launcher after you've opened the client(s). Sounds and is ridiculous, but works. This is somehow because of a Windows update month or so ago.

shubla wrote:To fix the launcher causing client to freeze: Stop using windows.

This bug only happens in windows, because it is a bad operating system and they have changed something that causes the launcher to intervene with the client, even though this should be impossible, as they are completely different processes, or they should be, according to the java API.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby sebacame » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm

vatas wrote:You need to close the launcher after you've opened the client(s). Sounds and is ridiculous, but works. This is somehow because of a Windows update month or so ago.

That's weird, cause i never have the launcher open while the clients are... plus i guess you are talking about windows 10 cause of "a month ago update" which i don't use. I'm using windows 7 and this happened to me back like a year ago when i stopped playing, mainly cause of it, and it keeps happening now. :?
sebacame

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

The Bugs forum is for game mechanics, server problems, and issues with the default client. If you're having issues with a mod, please take it up with the person that coded it.

Looks like shubla is aware of the issue. I don't know what the status of this problem is, or what he may need to potentially fix it. Linux is a free download and can be easily installed to a small to moderate sized thumb drive so that you can play games like Haven without dealing with Windows.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby sebacame » Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 pm

MagicManICT wrote:The Bugs forum is for game mechanics, server problems, and issues with the default client. If you're having issues with a mod, please take it up with the person that coded it.

Looks like shubla is aware of the issue. I don't know what the status of this problem is, or what he may need to potentially fix it. Linux is a free download and can be easily installed to a small to moderate sized thumb drive so that you can play games like Haven without dealing with Windows.

I'm not sure about shubla's client, like i said in the main post this happens in both default and amber client for me and it's been happening for over a year. And yeah i know about linux, and i think i'll do that. Thanks MagicManICT :)
sebacame

Next

Return to Bugs