Flax not growing

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Flax not growing

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 am

No worries. I have to say that something seems a bit odd there, especially if you replanted the seeds at the same time, but we've also reworked the mechanic a couple of times, and it may just be a hiccup of one form or another. Do let me know if it keeps happening.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby cvgff » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

Yeah looks like it has grown a little bit, why is it growing extremely slow though, 1% a day?
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby cvgff » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am

cvgff wrote:Yeah looks like it has grown a little bit, why is it growing extremely slow though, 1% a day?

Wait maybe I'm interpreting those numbers wrong, are those numbers stages?
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby Aceb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 pm

So, when I was going 10x10 flax field it was okay.

When I expanded it to 36x36, it was all the time okay, but when I started to use barrels, because seeds couldn't fit inside my inventory and I was tired to half cut & replant field each time, half of it started to slow down extreme.

pppp wrote:That could be a normal behaviour if they mixed seeds from different harvests.

Taking that quote as a base investigation, it seems that if You put seeds into empty barrel, and use them to replant a minute later, this starts to happen.

I mean, these seeds came from the same time, was replanted it minute or two of difference, with shouldn't make such huge difference, right?

So, if You want to play with that @jorb, I would recommend to:
Make a field that is half planted from hand and half from barrel. No mixed seeds, everything from the same source.

edit, proof:
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Granger » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:19 am

Sounds like the speed buff is lost when seeds are merged (as happening in a barrel)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Galaxy28 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:47 am

Aceb wrote:Taking that quote as a base investigation, it seems that if You put seeds into empty barrel, and use them to replant a minute later, this starts to happen.

I mean, these seeds came from the same time, was replanted it minute or two of difference, with shouldn't make such huge difference, right?

My Flax farm is so small that I've never needed to take seeds out of a barrel to plant it. It's always been from my inventory from the most recent harvest.
Image NOT EVEN CLOSE, BABY
Galaxy28

Postby TheOriginalFive » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Half of my barley is also stuck at stage 2 since I planted them a week ago! It's on a 13 * 13 or so field.

Edit: While I use some seeds from most recent harvest, I also sometimes have to put them away in the granary and then take them out again.
TheOriginalFive

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm

TheOriginalFive wrote:Edit: While I use some seeds from most recent harvest, I also sometimes have to put them away in the granary and then take them out again.

That might be the reason, then.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby darkmastah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Same here, 4th day and half of my wheat hasn't grown. Is it possible to destroy planted seeds without harvesting?
darkmastah

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am

darkmastah wrote:Same here, 4th day and half of my wheat hasn't grown. Is it possible to destroy planted seeds without harvesting?

IIRC you can build trellis on top of them and destroy the trellis, it will take the crop with it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs