This is what 40-50+ bees looks like. Infinite bee spawn.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

This is what 40-50+ bees looks like. Infinite bee spawn.

Postby Massa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:34 am

It's clear Jorb and Loftar didn't test these in ANY capacity. Their single HHP wounds debuff your agility massively, and the beehives spawn infinitely. We killed all fucking 40 on one tile with multihit spam and the fucking thing kept spawning them afterwards.

We tried killing them before every raid attempt: more spawn.
We tried kiting them through the field and raiding while the ones were distracted: we got 50 before we gave up.

There is no way to feasibly fucking do this as a 1 or 2 man show. Maybe a handful of alts trading blows, aggro, and truly fucking up this stupid system, but is this really your vision here? Is this why you refused to even attempt with 150 UA, Jorb? Is this a bug or intentional content?

ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: This is what 40-50+ bees looks like. Infinite bee spawn.

Postby Vigilance » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 am

i think in general wild hives are a bad mechanic at the moment.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Orcling » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:46 am

WTB beekeeping suit, like batcape
Orcling

Postby azrid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 am

But why didn't you look for another one?
Why do you torture yourself to the extreme?
Just so you can complain about something?
azrid

Postby Vassteel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 am

azrid wrote:But why didn't you look for another one?
Why do you torture yourself to the extreme?
Just so you can complain about something?

Hes blind?
Hes dumb
Yes

AFAIC bees are fine the way they are. you waltz up to a wild fuckin beehive and start takin shit you gon git fucked HARD. N guess what. Bees they don't speak English. Saying no Wont stop their rape fest.

What we need. Is more gear.

The Smoker

A smoker is an invaluable tool for all beekeepers as it makes aggressive bees more docile. Primarily, smoke makes honeybees believe there may be a wildfire nearby. This prompts them to eat as much honey as they can in preparation for a potential move. Honeybees are more docile with a full stomach due to physical difficulty in tipping their abdomens up to sting.

Smoke also masks the alarm pheromone given off by guard bees, minimizing the defensive reactions of the colony. Honeybee alarm pheromone smells like banana candy, so if you smell bananas in your hive, it’s time for another puff of smoke. Similarly, beekeepers should not eat bananas directly before getting into a hive, since it may be perceived by your bees as alarm pheromone.

Put leaves in it, add a Fire source, Produces puffs of smoke for a few min. and reduces the bee agro to you.

Jacket with hat veil

Bees tend to attack the face of mammalian intruders, thus, a jacket with a veil is an essential tool for beekeepers. Bees have CO2 receptors on their antennae, which allow them to detect our exhalations, and respond aggressively. This ability developed to protect the hive against the threat of bears. Common folklore states that bees sense fear, but really they are sensing fear behavior. If one is nervous around bees, they may breathe more heavily, which can lead to stings. Many experienced beekeepers do not wear any gear, and have become so comfortable around their bees, they can behave calmly and not get stung. We recommend all beginners use at least a veil.

Wearing this jacket removes most of the bees ability to sting you some will still probably get through and sting you're ass but hey a few stings here and there can be dealt with.

Gloves

Another fear-sensing behavior bees pick up on is shaky or fumbling hands. Confident, experienced beekeepers often do not wear them to maximize their maneuverability, but we suggest all beginners start with gloves as a safeguard. Beekeeping gloves are made of soft leather or other tough but flexible materials to protect against stings without jeopardizing comfort

Keeps any of those yellow fucks from stickin it in your fingers as simple as that.

Hive Tool

Your hive tool is one of your most critical pieces of equipment. Bees glue everything in the hive together with their resin-like propolis. This requires the beekeeper to pry the seal open with a hive tool. A hive tool allows you to detach comb from hive sides, cut and scrape propolis, and pry frames.

Not sure if we need this for wild hives maybe if your cutting the wild hive apart to collect the queen and some drones to start your own hive you would need this tool.

was torn between starting a new C&I or just posting this here. move if ya want mods
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby rhzk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:14 pm

rhzk

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Vassteel wrote:was torn between starting a new C&I or just posting this here. move if ya want mods

It's fine since we're discussing it here for now. Thread might get moved to C&I later depending on what jorb says.

I'd rather see some more traditional, ie medieval or iron age beekeeping gear, though. Some of it hasn't changed in concept in the 4000+ years we've been keeping bees, some of it is pretty modern. I've never really looked into it, but I can say the hive tool is very modern. Smokers and silk and linen screens are very old.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Burinn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm

sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby tetradigem » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:36 pm

ive had little to no issue raiding bee hives since i began yesterday. im assuming you guys are taking your alt, and having them run away from the horde as far as possible. ive been doing the following, and have yet to get more than 1 swarm to spawn:

step 1: raid with alt, then move away a few square. say half a screen at most.
step 2: raid with main. do not try to kill the bees fighting your alt, just raid with the main and GTFO.
step 3: run like hell, or just accept your fate.

personally, ive just been face tanking the stings since i have no wounds that cause allergic reactions, or whatever the hell causes it. been getting stung like theres no tomorrow, dropped main and alt down to single digit HHP, and not a single reaction yet. the stings themselves are NOT debilitating. -1 agi? far from a big deal. fades away shortly as well, i wanna say a few hours but da fuq do i know? im guessing the people who have infinite spawns, are the ones who are basically trying to cheat this shit with the riverboat method, or are stupid enough to actually try and fist fight a SWARM OF TINY FLYING INSECTS. i feel like if people spent more time trying to actually play the game, and less time trying to find a way to exploit things like pathfinding, indestructible objects, bugs/glitches etc. there would be alot less whining about things like this that really are nowhere near as bad as people pretend.
tetradigem

Postby Vassteel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Vassteel wrote:was torn between starting a new C&I or just posting this here. move if ya want mods

It's fine since we're discussing it here for now. Thread might get moved to C&I later depending on what jorb says.

I'd rather see some more traditional, ie medieval or iron age beekeeping gear, though. Some of it hasn't changed in concept in the 4000+ years we've been keeping bees, some of it is pretty modern. I've never really looked into it, but I can say the hive tool is very modern. Smokers and silk and linen screens are very old.

yeah the hive tool is modernish. im sure at least a knife was used in ye olde days. im pretty sure the jacket came along after the smoker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beekeeping

Hoomans definitely have liked honey for a very long time.

from the picture of beekeepers In the 1500's im guessing the bee suits were probably made of padded linen or wool with a wicker face screen
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Next

Return to Bugs