Animal taming

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Animal taming

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am

Please, jorb, stop this shit:
If IE is brave enough to ask you to be your default browser, you should be brave enough to tame animals fairly.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Re: Animal taming

Postby geometry01 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am

I have the courage
geometry01

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am

"nice"!
iamahh

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 am

Also, if this won't be fixed - it may create a precedent, that ppl with sub are allowed to use exploits :mrgreen:
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Also, if this won't be fixed - it may create a precedent, that ppl with sub are allowed to use exploits :mrgreen:

Who says this person has a sub? Him, you? Don't add shit to an argument just to get everyone in a tizzy. Exploits have always been allowed until they get fixed unless they're used to raid another group, and that has not always been the case in the past.

Worth noting that the same bug that causes more issues than this.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Robertzon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:05 pm

What does placing animals like this help with taming? (haven't played in years)
Robertzon

Postby Vassteel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 pm

keeps them from wandering around from their hitching post. if they agro you can break combat by just walking away they cant path thru the HF

or something like that
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Vassteel wrote:keeps them from wandering around from their hitching post. if they agro you can break combat by just walking away they cant path thru the HF

Right idea, but think the same thing as using boats on water.

I thought jorb had said one time that the system was designed so that if the animal couldn't path to the attacker, they were more likely to not drop aggro. There used to be a ton of bug reports on "why my <animal> die when trying to tame?"
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Vassteel wrote:keeps them from wandering around from their hitching post. if they agro you can break combat by just walking away they cant path thru the HF

Right idea, but think the same thing as using boats on water.

I thought jorb had said one time that the system was designed so that if the animal couldn't path to the attacker, they were more likely to not drop aggro. There used to be a ton of bug reports on "why my <animal> die when trying to tame?"

That's well known exploit since w9 I believe... I think just "if animal can't reach the Tamer - it drops the battle and taming process are reset to zero would be enough. It's so easy to tame even on noobish lvls - this exploit just shouldn't exist
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:Also, if this won't be fixed - it may create a precedent, that ppl with sub are allowed to use exploits :mrgreen:

Who says this person has a sub? Him, you? Don't add shit to an argument just to get everyone in a tizzy. Exploits have always been allowed until they get fixed unless they're used to raid another group, and that has not always been the case in the past.

Worth noting that the same bug that causes more issues than this.

Don't call my words shit, bro) the person on screen has a store hat from bronze sub of this w11)
And I do believe that smile on the end tells everyone, I was joking... Yeah, I know, you can misread sometimes, but calling something "shit"?? not your style... Keep calm and stay safe!
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Next

Return to Bugs