Instantly attacked hy nidbanes

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Nidbanes?

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 am

Just watched a nidbane drift into a tower in our village and go for one of my village mates. No big deal, it wont attack them until they move or log in...right? Nope, I enter the tower and that nidbane is smack smack smacking the prone body. They were sleeping in a spruce bed at the time, and I'm wondering if perhaps this belongs in bugs and not critiques but eh. Curious if nidbanes were changed, as it attacked a logged out player immediately, but also did not kill them. Left after it KO'ed
Fierce_Deity

Re: Nidbanes?

Postby Agame » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am

Maybe your friend did not have Rage so he was not supposed to die to a PvP thingie like a needbane?
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 am

Deff had rage...maybe murdered a few people. Not saying the nidbanes not justified, just that the behavior seems off
Fierce_Deity

Instantly attacked hy nidbanes

Postby CloudJhi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:42 am

So here I am, outside, enjoying some post valentines coffee and cheesecake and what do I hear? My friends in discord crying murder!!!

A nidbane has appeared in my tower basement where I slept peacefully, and as my villagemates ran in I was found knocked out on the ground, 4 nidburns worse for wear(information I accessed through the account page) without even being able to fight back.

What sort of hearthland justice is this? Were nidbanes changed without my knowledge? Has the 24hr timer been taken away? I was last logged in 4 hours ago, a nidbane nowhere in sight!
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Re: Instantly attacked hy nidbanes

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 am

I don't think anything was changed since the world announcement and the "24 hour" window was announced. Not going to say there couldn't be a bug, but you really didn't tell us much about this. if you don't want to share specifics with the public, then might share them via PM with jorb or loftar. Otherwise, I don't see a bug here, just confusion on the specific rules.

Agame wrote:Do not leave scents [....]

This isn't the moot. We don't need the morals lecture here. We're trying to figure out if there's a bug in the system and how to resolve issues. Post Hel'd.

Follow up: we don't need backseat moderation. thanks. If you think there's an issue, use the report feature. This is a PvP game and people playing by the rules deserve support with being harassed for their actions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

CloudJhi wrote:A nidbane has appeared in my tower basement where I slept peacefully, and as my villagemates ran in I was found knocked out on the ground, 4 nidburns worse for wear(information I accessed through the account page) without even being able to fight back.

Did someone push you? Or attack the nidbanes?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby CloudJhi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 am

Alrighty, let's try again.

I go out on a date.
Get told by my vilagemates a nidbane was whaling on me.

I was last online 4 hours ago.
I slept in a bough bed.
I am an outlaw, I left a bunch of scents.

Nidbane was observed to immediately attack, no 24hr timer til I log on.

A trusted friend has checked my character, found 4 nidburns and 27 concussion damage on my character, but I wasn't killed by the nidbane.
The nidbane is gone.

This is all the information I am privy to at the moment. Is that better?
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
CloudJhi

Postby CloudJhi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am

Granger wrote:Did someone push you? Or attack the nidbanes?

No pushing ocurred.

Nidbane was aggro'd while it was already attacking me in an attempt to fend it off. The aggressor didn't have rage and was unable to fight it off, and I was eventually knocked out.
CloudJhi

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am

Well, you know about when you left scents. I get what you're saying abut it waiting 24 hours before attacking if you're offline. Could be the new rule supersedes the old rule? I'll leave it for jorb/loftar to handle (or someone that knows more about the system).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am

You referring to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=63727?

edit: merged a couple of threads together about the same incident.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Bugs