Palisade destruction doesn't cascade if boulders are inside

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Palisade destruction doesn't cascade if boulders are inside

Postby Leny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Pali with boulders inside of it doesn't cascade if destroyed. Boulders shouldn't be stuck inside of it in the first place I guess. Or let us destroy them from further away... they are unreachable like this.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Re: Palisade destruction doesn't cascade if boulders are ins

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:55 am

My only question: can you consistently reproduce this? Given the short distances for cascade damage currently, I'm thinking there is no bug.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Leny » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:34 pm

MagicManICT wrote:My only question: can you consistently reproduce this? Given the short distances for cascade damage currently, I'm thinking there is no bug.

When you destroy nearby tiles the damage doesn't propagate at all. Meaning you have 100 % health pali tile. That doesn't happen for regular cascade which leaves (so far I've always seen that) the nearby tiles at 25 %. Should've mentioned that earlier I guess, sorry :)
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. Basically, this looks like more of a bug*, so moving it to the Bugs section.

*At least the part about the objects blocking the cascade damage. As far as falling objects being stuck inside walls or other structures, it's an issue dating back a while that hasn't been a priority to fix.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs