All my claims pole settings have been erased.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby czaper2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Loftar pls....
User avatar
czaper2
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby dageir » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

World 12 when?
Image
User avatar
dageir
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby stickman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:13 pm

just want to mention myself and everyone in our village had this happen as well. so looks like everyone.
stickman
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 am

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby czaper2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:23 pm

From Discord:

@Loftar looks like all claims permissions moved 4 colors right

All green permission on pclaims are now yellow

All blue are red etc

Kinda dangerous if you know someone who marked you yellow. And everyone who logs in right now probably can’t move until their LS is online
User avatar
czaper2
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby Joshk80k » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Jorb/Loftar, is this reversible? My LS literally just left on a 2+ week trip and didn't plan on accessing H&H...please, I don't want our animals to die!
Joshk80k
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 am

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby Kaios » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Nothing was changed regarding permissions in the prior patch so how did this get messed up in the first place? Unless it has to do with the siege warning change?
User avatar
Kaios
 
Posts: 8338
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 am

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby borka » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:04 pm

czaper2 wrote:From Discord:

@Loftar looks like all claims permissions moved 4 colors right



Can't confirm this but settings for pclaims i did are for sure changed ... hello database :?
Avatar by SacreDoom
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
User avatar
borka
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm
Location: World of Sprucecap

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby Kandarim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm

czaper2 wrote:Kinda dangerous if you know someone who marked you yellow. And everyone who logs in right now probably can’t move until their LS is online


Seems it didn't overflow circularly -- i.e. my settings for purple did not end up at red.
However, in my case, I have purple for my own chars so that everybody red would have ended up there. Scary.
User avatar
Kandarim
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby loftar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 pm

Terribly sorry about that. It is exactly as you say that the permissions have effectively shifted four positions to the right. I guess that failure mode was a bit too esoteric for me to catch in testing.

Unfortunately, the new data has already been saved, so I don't think there's any reasonable way for me to restore them as they were (well, other than completely restoring from yesterday's backup, which I doubt anyone would prefer). It's probably not even obvious that doing so would even be better if I could, since that would also revert changes that people have made since and expect to remain. I mean, I could do something like blanket-resetting all permissions just to ensure that no inappropriate ones are set inadvertently, but I'm not sure that would be better.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 7432
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby Headchef » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:44 pm

loftar wrote:Terribly sorry about that. It is exactly as you say that the permissions have effectively shifted four positions to the right. I guess that failure mode was a bit too esoteric for me to catch in testing.

Unfortunately, the new data has already been saved, so I don't think there's any reasonable way for me to restore them as they were (well, other than completely restoring from yesterday's backup, which I doubt anyone would prefer). It's probably not even obvious that doing so would even be better if I could, since that would also revert changes that people have made since and expect to remain. I mean, I could do something like blanket-resetting all permissions just to ensure that no inappropriate ones are set inadvertently, but I'm not sure that would be better.



Your humble apologies will do for now... Now back to the client rewrite please so maybe I can witness it before dying of old age
User avatar
Headchef
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:27 pm

Next

Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest