All my claims pole settings have been erased.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 pm

loftar wrote:I could do something like blanket-resetting all permissions just to ensure that no inappropriate ones are set inadvertently, but I'm not sure that would be better.

It probably would be better. It would leave people stuck still stuck (until a lawspeaker or claim owner could access the game and change settings, so no real change), but it would eliminate any possible misinterpretations and bad permission assignments. If a password file gets corrupted or otherwise compromised, the IT department will always make everyone create new passwords. Not the best of analogies, but it's the same concept, I think.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby borka » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:59 am

That would still not solve all problems it caused ... i.e. Keyalts on walled pclaim and claim owner without keys and hf elsewhere in village he joined ... and as the permissions are not all moved a color change might enable tresspass but doesn't allow opening gates without enabling CA (if skilled) ... prolly the warning popup is the best they could do ... (btw. if we had still idol porting it wouldn't be an issue for some)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby mvgulik » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:37 am

Instant rollback on detection is probably going to be deemed the best (past) option over time for this case.

( Hard choices ... only become harder with the passing of time. )
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:05 am

Ok i solved the problem with keyalts and owner by fiddling around with CA and party permissions and a non airgap non visitor gate ... interestingly all permission but tresspassing (changed color) where gone ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Previous

Return to Bugs