Patch had me waking up Naked and Afraid

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Patch had me waking up Naked and Afraid

Postby Cimmera » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Pre-patch I could run the game on the normal client or on my custom client of choice, Ardennes (RIP), but after patch I logged in through the regular client and was completely naked and all my inventory was gone. Here's what happened:

Pre-patch I got the notices to log out so I went in my house and clicked on the bed for the sleep option and logged fully out of game and didn't come back until my village mates started complaining about crashing issues.

I didn't have those but I did come back to being OUTSIDE my house, all my gear slots emptied, and my inventory empty.

I have done a restart, delete and fresh install twice and nothing has fixed it.

I hearthed to my fire, no joy. Clicked on my hearth fire and all that was there was the hero hat I'd been wearing when the patch went in and my game tokens.

I checked my wardrobe by hitting the dress from buttons on all 3 slots and i dressed in the items that were listed there and nothing came out of the empty slot.

I've checked every cupboard and chest I own and nothing.

Help!

https://gyazo.com/1550a2b9bd1fc6b5b292598a183e0d4c
Cimmera

Re: Patch had me waking up Naked and Afraid

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Cimmera wrote:I didn't have those but I did come back to being OUTSIDE my house, all my gear slots emptied, and my inventory empty.
Every client including amber was crashing, did you log back in using default? If so, default client auto puts you into whatever account you log into the website with, my guess is you logged on an alt account. Loftar can look into it tho id assume.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Cimmera » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
Cimmera wrote:I didn't have those but I did come back to being OUTSIDE my house, all my gear slots emptied, and my inventory empty.
Every client including amber was crashing, did you log back in using default? If so, default client auto puts you into whatever account you log into the website with, my guess is you logged on an alt account. Loftar can look into it tho id assume.

Thank you for triggering my memory, I have a lot going on with making plans and packing for a grandparent's memorial on Saturday to fly to, I did log onto my alt account BUT only after I logged in on my main and found her naked.
Cimmera

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Dunno then, shoot Loftar a PM on here or discord and see if he can check your account out. Not sure how robust their logs are but it's worth a shot.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Well, I mean... most likely you failed to log out at some point, or something, and was knocked out and robbed. The patch certainly did not do that to you.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Astarisk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:24 am

jorb wrote:Well, I mean... most likely you failed to log out at some point, or something, and was knocked out and robbed. The patch certainly did not do that to you.

Yeah, you could confirm this by checking your wounds.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Prowny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:13 am

No. She was absolutely safe within her plot.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby pppp » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am

Did you ever share password to your account or use client other than most popular mods ? Do you share your computer with someone else ?
If your house was still there, and your char was in different place than when you left it, but nearby, it looks like someone else used your char. Or you just do not remember when you moved it yourself. Or that was a different char as already suggested.
I cannot realistically imagine a bug that would cause you to just walk outside. If anything the location would be completely weird.

But just in case: Suspecting a micro-rollback - a bug in saving game state, possibly involving high values of ping, how long before restart you went to bed ? Was that in the latest possible moment ? Did you remove or otherwise manipulate your gear immediately before going to bed ? I mean did you find yourself in a place and state resembling one of moments immediately before logging off. If no - scrap this suspicion.
pppp

Postby Prowny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 am

If anyone else was to log on her account then this "hacker" would have wrecked her plot since she has many valuable buildings, animals and materials that are more important than her clothes.
The timing is too on point aswell (you get hacked just when an update happens?).
The devs should really look into this because it's honestly a strange case.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby Granger » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 am

Prowny wrote:No. She was absolutely safe within her plot.

So there are no wounds at all on the character?

Entertaining the idea of this being caused by a bug... how should it hit from a technical side? It would also need to be brand new and/or quite obscure to usually not trigger, else we would have heard of something like this on a regular basis (basically every server restart)...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Bugs