Boreworm not rendered correctly/disappearing

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Boreworm not rendered correctly/disappearing

Postby SiO2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Hey Loftar! It is me, fighting invisible boreworm.
It has gone invisible after diving into the rock. Next time it showed up it actually became unseen.
Map Has not shown it. Body has not appeared after its death.

upd1: hitbox is not shown by the client, but the character can actually hit it by walking in.
upd2: fixed by client restart. I hope you will see into it nevertheless.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: Yet one more graphical bug

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Especially graphical bugs should be confirmed with default client I think.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SiO2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:20 pm

That is why I tried reload. But I doubt any custom developer would try to mess with animation or something. Also the fact of map icon absence speak of some net code fault I guess, which is always default I guess.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm

SiO2 wrote: I doubt any custom developer would try to mess with animation or something.

I don't want to discourage anyone from reporting issues. However, just because they don't mess with it (or do) doesn't mean that what has been changed can't cause issues in strange ways. If you can't confirm it (or won't) with the standard client, take it up with the other guy first. They know better what they have and haven't done and might be able to point loftar at where they think the problem is. If they can't figure it out, loftar has shown to be as helpful as possible.

SiO2 wrote: hitbox is not shown by the client, but the character can actually hit it by walking in.

Amber et al only show hitboxes for objects rendered to screen. If for some reason the client isn't being told to render this object, then the client can't render a hitbox.

There may be a client problem, it might be a client/server communication error. It's hard to say. Obviously the server thinks you're in combat and allows you to interact with the object.

To note, Im pretty sure this has come up before. It might take some deep digging to find it (because people can't create good titles for some reason.) Updated this title.

Troubleshooting suggestion: can you see it via the minimap? If so, you should be able to always interact with it this way similar to animals that are stuck underwater. (Thought: object might be rendering "under the surface" of the world for some reason.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SiO2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:20 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Troubleshooting suggestion: can you see it via the minimap? If so, you should be able to always interact with it this way similar to animals that are stuck underwater. (Thought: object might be rendering "under the surface" of the world for some reason.)

As I said in the initial post, I cant. To be precise when it attacked me first time everything was alright, but I lured it 2 minimaps away to have better position to fight. Then it dived and the combat ceased. Then I got combat with completely invisible opponent. It had no model, no minimap icon and same was true for corpse of the thing. After reload of client there was just a general boreworm corpse.

PS opponent icon in the corner was showing "unknown". The same icon you get if you stay too far from opponent for client to render it.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: Boreworm not rendered correctly/disappearing

Postby czaper2 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:09 am

Can confirm it as well. Even on the default client: boreworms can become invisible during combat, and even after they're dead.

My experience was same as that guys: They come back from the ground and have no body, nothing shows up on the map, and they appear as a question mark in the combat area.

After killing them they can stay invisible. Can't be interacted with, seen on the map, lifted, ect. But you also can't walk into them.

After restarting the default client, the boreworm corpse was visible again.
czaper2

Postby Vulgarr » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Can confirm this bug too- Walking out of "Render distance/view distance" of them and walking back also makes the body re-appear after they do their disappearing act.
Vulgarr

Postby xzo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:08 am

happened to me few times too, I think it could have something to do with boreworm getting hit at the time he is underground - invisible, and then his state is being updated with less hp / setInvisible(true) ( or something alike ), and it stays that way
just my guess

restarting client helps but you cant rly do it while fight ..
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Return to Bugs