Client crashes while building map, Mac OS X 10.11.6, Java 8

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Client crashes while building map, Mac OS X 10.11.6, Jav

Postby loftar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 am

Aegir wrote:Caused by: javax.media.opengl.GLException: Not a GL3bc implementation
[...]
at haven.BGL$93.run(BGL.java:690)

You seem to be trying to use antialiasing with a non-GL3 GPU. It is unfortunate that the client doesn't handle that more gracefully, but it seems you should have noticed that it started crashing when you turned antialiasing on, unless I'm missing something. Either way, the tip in the MagicMan's link should work:
loftar wrote:Try using the Options button on the login screen and reset the graphics settings to defaults.

That would turn antialiasing back off. Or you could just do so directly with the checkbox for it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Aegir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am

loftar wrote:
Aegir wrote:Caused by: javax.media.opengl.GLException: Not a GL3bc implementation
[...]
at haven.BGL$93.run(BGL.java:690)

You seem to be trying to use antialiasing with a non-GL3 GPU. It is unfortunate that the client doesn't handle that more gracefully, but it seems you should have noticed that it started crashing when you turned antialiasing on, unless I'm missing something. Either way, the tip in the MagicMan's link should work:
loftar wrote:Try using the Options button on the login screen and reset the graphics settings to defaults.

That would turn antialiasing back off. Or you could just do so directly with the checkbox for it.

I'll try checking off the antialiasing button as soon as I'm able to access the login screen again. I wasn't aware of having turned it on .. :?
Aegir

Postby Aegir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 am

BTW, thanks for helping me sort this out!
Aegir

Postby Aegir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:11 am

It seems to be working! :D

N
Aegir

Previous

Return to Bugs