Cant attak vandals with full permissions, rage, criminal ON

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cant attak vandals with full permissions, rage, criminal ON

Postby Tarnum » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 pm

When Hedgehugs attaked Ocean Store i notice 1 bug whot let them get more things before all this vandal alts got killed. How it happens: when i see they vandaling art gallery and libraby i invited my fighter to Ocean Store and give myself all permissions here to be able stop them. But here happens something interesting, with full permissions, rage and criminal acts i cant attak people who vandaling here free. So we can kill them much faster without this bug, and safe our stuff. Later i see, fresh permissions char cant attak people in village, but when walk out village and retorn agen on place - can. It takes hmm alot time, please fix this bug.
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Re: Cant attak vandals with full permissions, rage, criminal

Postby Rexz » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:12 pm

I see visitor buff/debuff. If you have visitor status active, you cannot commit any crime, including initiating combat.
Rexz

Postby Tarnum » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Rexz wrote:I see visitor buff/debuff. If you have visitor status active, you cannot commit any crime, including initiating combat.

Yes here visitor and its a problem because this already MY CLAIM, i am member of village with full permissions, so it can be fixed like: visitor debuff must down when you become owner of this claim with full permissions.
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Tarnum wrote:
Rexz wrote:I see visitor buff/debuff. If you have visitor status active, you cannot commit any crime, including initiating combat.

Yes here visitor and its a problem because this already MY CLAIM, i am member of village with full permissions, so it can be fixed like: visitor debuff must down when you become owner of this claim with full permissions.

It looks like you messed up and walked through a claim with visitor where you didnt have full perms.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:59 pm

He walked to Ocean Store first and THEN oathed the fighter, unfortunately it's user error on thing that you specifically have to know about beforehand.

To my knowledge only walking or hearthing off the claim removes visitor.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:02 pm

vatas wrote:... unfortunately it's user error on thing that you specifically have to know about beforehand.

I disagree, else there are no bugs but just features one has to know.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 am

I have to agree with Granger: it's somewhere in the middle. More UI/UX 'bug'/design flaw. Bigger question is: what sort of resolution can be proposed that doesn't risk similar problems? Maybe the simple solution--drop visitor on village claim when oathed into a village--is as simple as it looks?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:36 am

MagicManICT wrote:I have to agree with Granger: it's somewhere in the middle. More UI/UX 'bug'/design flaw.

"Design flaw" is probably best way to describe this.
MagicManICT wrote:Bigger question is: what sort of resolution can be proposed that doesn't risk similar problems? Maybe the simple solution--drop visitor on village claim when oathed into a village--is as simple as it looks?

Well you could maybe drop visitor for pclaims inside the village this way, but that could be solved by simple check that you need to not stand on a pclaim.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:36 am

That you still need a pclaim within a vclaim for some things is a design flaw in my opinion, but I really don't know how to rework that without causing a lot of code issues or in ways that wouldn't further make a mess of things for players.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs