Known bug causing crash, I'll bet

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Known bug causing crash, I'll bet

Postby Dondy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:30 am

1.73.0.99c8946b
Windows 10 10.0 x64, 1.8.0_231 amd64
NVIDIA Corporation (GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2) - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 432.00

#<Resource gfx/kritter/squirrel/squirrel>

Crashed and got this message as a pop-up. Assume this is ancient history and happens to everyone else when they lose combat to a squirrel too, but the pop up requested I report so I am posting it here. Please delete or send to Hel if this is report #4566 on this bug.
Dondy

Re: Known bug causing crash, I'll bet

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 am

If you can, try to find the file "hs_err_pid.log" and post it. It likely will be in the directory you installed Java to, but may be elsewhere on the drive depending on what configurations have been set. Also what version of java are you running? Make sure you're running Java v8 x64.

If you're using a custom client, make sure it is up to date and report the problem to the appropriate thread.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm

Dondy wrote:Assume this is ancient history and happens to everyone else when they lose combat to a squirrel too

I've never seen it previously, for sure, and I can't trivially reproduce it either, so if you can, please post the full error (including traceback), and also preferably on the default client.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 am

How do you lose combat to squirrel? I would have assumed it just runs away if you aggro it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Bugs