can't honor my ancestors

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

can't honor my ancestors

Postby bardcrest5 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

I am doing the 'For the Ancestors!' thing and it is asking me to sacrifice a 'treeplanter's pot' that is atleast Q12, I tried sacrificing an empty Q54 pot, no luck. I tried sacrificing the same pot when it had a fully grown bush inside of it, no luck. Either I have to sacrifice the 'pot' at the different stage in his usage OR it is bugged.
bardcrest5

Re: can't honor my ancestors

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:06 pm

To help devs eliminate user error, have you previously sacrificed anything successfully?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Does it want a fired or unfired one? I don't think it would ask for a fired pot (simply an assumption here), but it might. Try making one on a potter's wheel and sacrificing the result before firing it in a kiln.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby bardcrest5 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:37 pm

yes I had sacrificed things successfully before.

I grew a tree and tried to sacrifice that...but no I did not try an unfired pot. But I also bypassed it by sacrificing something else
bardcrest5

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:22 am

Just know there is a difference between the two. I know the ancestors can ask for other unfired pottery, but I've only seen items that go into the inventory, not carried. That was the distant past before it was reimplemented, though. I've just not played around with it enough since it came back in w10 to know the wide variety of things that can be requested.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:58 am

Screenshot of the exact message could help.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Bugs