Random crashing

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Random crashing

Postby Spacecpp » Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello.
I have been playing with a friend for a few months, and ever since our territory grew considerable big she says the game is crashing often.
She plays using an "old" laptop with windows 10 and onboard gpu, but never had performance issues before.
Here is a print of the last error message:
https://imgur.com/a/JC6pn0V

Is there anything we can do to at least minimize the frequency of crashes?
Spacecpp

Re: Random crashing

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:48 am

Need more specifics on the hardware and software in use--exact version of Windows, exact version of Java, what CPU/GPU is in use.

Also, don't use screenshots of crash reports. The top half of the report, usually the most important part, is cut off. You can select the window to make it active, click ctrl+a to select all, then paste it into a document or post.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Spacecpp » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:Need more specifics on the hardware and software in use--exact version of Windows, exact version of Java, what CPU/GPU is in use.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903, Java 8 update 251 (build 1.8.0_251-b08), Intel Core i3-4005U CPU, Intel HD Graphics Family.

MagicManICT wrote:You can select the window to make it active, click ctrl+a to select all, then paste it into a document or post.

I thought about that too, but she said it wasn't working.
Spacecpp

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:07 am

Spacecpp wrote: Java 8 update 251 (build 1.8.0_251-b08), Intel Core i3-4005U CPU, Intel HD Graphics Family.

Make sure that the Java version is 64-bit as well. Using Intel graphics has been a headache for OpenGL rendering as drivers aren't available on 64-bit versions of Windows. java.com has a thing for serving the 32-bit version of Java when trying to auto-detect. You can manually download the 64-bit version here: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Spacecpp » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Ok, instaled 64 bit java.
It appears to have helped, as we played for several hours straight until the first crash.
Spacecpp

Return to Bugs