Quest giver don't accept artifact

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Quest giver don't accept artifact

Postby luarocks » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:41 pm

I brought Exploration +3 hat to a tree, but it doesn't accept it.

luarocks

Re: Quest giver don't accept artifact

Postby Colin500 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:24 pm

I believe it has to have a gilds with at least total of +3 exploration gilded into it.
Colin500

Postby Hasta » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 pm

It is "an artifact"
It gives "Exploration +3"

But it's not an "Artifact for Exploration +3", it's an ITEM for EXP+3 INT+2 and an ARTEFACT for INT+2 Masonry +3 Lore +5.

I personally believe that should count. But I see how that particular item doesn't count from a programmer's point of view. Since loftar is lazy preoccupied with ruining everyone's knarrs, I doubt the workaround to incorporate gildable items' native stats into the quest system comes anytime soon.
Hasta

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 pm

I've asked for confirmation from jorbtar on this, but this is likely the correct answer.
Colin500 wrote:I believe it has to have a gilds with at least total of +3 exploration gilded into it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:07 pm

You didn't slot anything into it. It refers to the artifice bonuses, rather than fixed item boni. Could perhaps be looked at.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 am

Just bumping this as I just tried to make a fox hat with petraglyph to complete a "make artifact with +3int" credo quest, the hat gave +2 the petraglyph +2. I figured afterwards that it didn't count because 2 comes from the hat not the artifices but it does suck a little, perhaps this could be looked at again/still?
Scilly_guy

Return to Bugs